Canada New England Storms

Tedferg

Hope this does not come across as selfish, considering the tragedy to so many from Florence and Michael.

We are booked on a New England - Canada cruise Sept 2019 out of New York.

I wonder if any one experienced rough seas / missed ports as a result of this years hurricane activity.

We just cruised on the Regal last week 10/6-10/13 from NYC to NE/Canada.  We didn't miss any ports but the last day heading back to NYC was a little rough.  I believe the sailing the week prior to ours missed the port of Saint John, New Brunswick, due to weather.  I read a trip report on the New Englad forum regarding this -- you might check over there for more info.

My brother and his wife are currently on the Grandeur of the Seas. Their ship missed Boston this past weekend due to the remnants of Hurricane Michael. It worked out for them since that was the one port where they had not booked an excursion--either through Royal Caribbean or independently. 

there is  always  a chance you may miss ports or have your itinerary changed altogether   especially during hurricane season

I think some of the ships  that were heading south ended up in Canada 🙂

We are on the Regal Princess right now.  We missed Bar Harbor on Tuesday due to high winds.  I don’t think this was due to a hurricane, but a local storm.  (Then again, we’ve been paying very little attention to the news while on board!) We were refunded the money for our shore excursion there, and I see they also refunded the $11 in port taxes.  It was disappointing, but the safety of everybody on board is the most important thing.

15 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Hope this does not come across as selfish, considering the tragedy to so many from Florence and Michael.

We are booked on a New England - Canada cruise Sept 2019 out of New York.

I wonder if any one experienced rough seas / missed ports as a result of this years hurricane activity.

Just got back from 3 weeks on the Royal Princess. NYC to Quebec City to NYC. We made every port, but did leave Newport about 2 hours early due to weather. Nothing to do with hurricanes. 

Thanks for responses, we have resisted this itinerary before because we thought North East could get bad weather as a residue of Hurricanes. There were always other exciting places to go. We opted for it next year because we want to avoid long flight to Europe for a change. Low and behold two hurricanes this Sept and ending tracks seem to go through North East.