Europe 2020

TYTY

Enchanted Princess will begin her maiden season in Europe straight out of the shipyard in June 2020. Itineraries will be announced on November 8. Whether the remainder of the Europe 2020 deployment will be revealed concurrently is anyone's guess.

Before we got sent to time out for a week there was tons of speculation on the boards as to which Princess ship will be where in Summer 2020 based on several changes to previously announced repo cruises that spring. Looks like first answers will come three weeks from tomorrow. (Or maybe the day before for Elite members?)

I have found that Europe itineraries normally come out 18 months prior to sail date.  So jun 2020 would come out Dec 2018.  I have taken about six European and med cruises and normally that is what I have used as guidelines for booking

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Just got email that Elites can book summer 2020 Europe, Caribbean and New England starting Nov 6.  Email doesn't say when non-Elite can begin booking but probably a week or two later.

Per above, and the many other threads with the deployment announcements, booking opens for all November 8.

The headstart for Elite Circle members is a fairly recent addition which to date has only been one or two days max.

Edited by fishywood

On 10/17/2018 at 5:50 PM, TYTY said:

Hi never sailed on Princess before but we are considering it for Europe in 2020. Any ideas when those itineries come out?

On 10/22/2018 at 4:52 PM, Coral said:

The second link shows Europe itineraries (March-November 2020) & the 3rd link shows prices.  As posted elites will be able to book on 11/6 and others on 11/8.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Notable is the absence of the Pacific Princess from the listings and no ships sailing in/out of Venice. Princess will be the only mainstream line in Europe in 2020 without calls in Venice, which I think puts them at a disadvantage itinerary wise. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

17 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Notable is the absence of the Pacific Princess from the listings and no ships sailing in/out of Venice. Princess will be the only mainstream line in Europe in 2020 without calls in Venice, which I think puts them at a disadvantage itinerary wise. 

It’s weird. They have Island in Europe yet didn’t put her in Venice. Have to wonder what they’re thinking sometimes. 

Isn't there a new restriction on Venice coming in 2020 that could force Island to have to dock in Marghera instead of Venice proper?  I know HAL has several sailings on the Nieuw Amsterdam which is 87K tonnes and Island is 92K tonnes. I seem to remember 90K tonnes as being a new limitation coming through to be able to dock in Venice instead of Marghera. Aside from Pacific Princess (which will be in Alaska for 2020) only the Sea and Sun are under 90K tonnes in the Princess fleet. Princess must feel they can make more $$ on Pacific doing Alaska (mostly banking on cruisetours leads I'd wager) instead of the Med from Venice. 

54 minutes ago, hikergirl100 said:

I got the email about elites being able to sign up early for Europe in 2020 but the Princess site still doesn't have them listed.

I have the general list that was posted on Cruise Critic but doesn't have details.

Elites don’t have access until Nov 6th. 

14 hours ago, cruise2relax said:

Anyone have any information on the Regal - it appears to stop in Rome with nothing after?  Will it be doing a transatlantic or going elsewhere?

I had noticed that as well and would like to know.  I wonder if there is a dry dock planned before it does a TA or other re-positioning cruise.