End of Cruise Account Bill

nanacruiser

Hi Folks,

We have taken 6 cruises with AZ, on cruises up till early 2018 within a day of the cruise ending there was an on board account statement summary in  my email.

On a recent B2B on the Quest we did not receive a statement after either cruise. I always check the account on the TV screen to be sure there were no surprises.  and the amounts I was charged were correct and in anticipation I took a photo of the TV on the last night of the second cruise.

I did get precuise specific  emails and still get the daily advertising from AZ, also checked junk folders and spam blockers.

So just wondering if any other recent cruisers received their post cruise statements or has AZ stopped this practice.

Thanks, Nana

You are correct, on Journey not had one in May or June.

Like you I photo my TV screen however there have been no issues with the bill, my card has been debited the final amount on the TV screen.

In February I asked at Guest Services on Journey about our final bill and they said it would be emailed to us. After being home a week I emailed them saying I hadn’t received it and they apologised and sent it by return email. 

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have not had a final bill either for my last few cruises, either hard copy or by email. It's poor 

Phil 

I agree; we didn't even get a printed copy the last day.  We have had no issues though

21 hours ago, nanacruiser said:

Bonnie, could you  inquire if this is now standard practice not to send this statement out?

It always provided me with some certainty, although there has never been a problem with the amount or charge to credit card on this cruise line.

We stopped distributing the end of cruise statement several years ago in an effort to reduce printing onboard. Instead we send a copy of the folio via e-mail to the e-address we have on file (which could be your agent’s.)

You can go to Guest Relations to request a written copy at any time during the cruise, or to arrange a final one. I always ask for a printed statement; they are happy to do this.

Bonnie, the ending of paper statements was definitely not a few years ago.  It’s a recent thing.  I had an email of it a couple of times fairly recently, but not on my last three or four cruises.  That has fallen over like the receipt of Azamara emails.  These failures of the systems that produce them gets very tiring.

Phil

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Bonnie, the ending of paper statements was definitely not a few years ago.  It’s a recent thing.  I had an email of it a couple of times fairly recently, but not on my last three or four cruises.  That has fallen over like the receipt of Azamara emails.  These failures of the systems that produce them gets very tiring.

Phil

Hi Phil, are you saying you used to get the emailed statement, but no longer? What month do you estimate you stopped receiving it? I’ll pass your reply along to the Hotel Dept.

Our experience is similar to Phils

We certainly had the accounts delivered onboard all last year and on one of this years trips

The remainder this year, although I have had the reminders to use OBC I did not have an end of cruise account delivered.  I meant to follow it up as I had wanted to claim my internet costs back from work but I overlooked that one.  

Certainly not had the emails, though we did get the end of cruise surveys so our bookings were connected to our email account - and the bookings were direct and did not involve a travel agent.

Hope its a glitch and it gets sorted particularly as I am not sure the TVs are yet showing the onboard accounts on Pursuit - hopefully someone can confirm if this issue has been resolved as I know there were issues in August due to the old servers still being in use.

Edited by uktog

20 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Phil, are you saying you used to get the emailed statement, but no longer? What month do you estimate you stopped receiving it? I’ll pass your reply along to the Hotel Dept.

Until recently I actually got both, but for the last three or four cruises I didn’t get either.  I’d say May of this year, but it might even have been back end of last year.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

2 hours ago, uktog said:

We certainly had the accounts delivered onboard all last year and on one of this years trips

The remainder this year, although I have had the reminders to use OBC I did not have an end of cruise account delivered.  I meant to follow it up as I had wanted to claim my internet costs back from work but I overlooked that one.  

Certainly not had the emails, though we did get the end of cruise surveys so our bookings were connected to our email account - and the bookings were direct and did not involve a travel agent.

Hope its a glitch and it gets sorted particularly as I am not sure the TVs are yet showing the onboard accounts on Pursuit - hopefully someone can confirm if this issue has been resolved as I know there were issues in August due to the old servers still being in use.

Uktog, We disembarked the Pursuit in Venice on October 10 and the glitch with the TV's still have not been resolved. We had to go to Guest Relations mid-cruise to get a copy of our invoice.

Regarding the end of cruise account we received an email the day we disembarked the ship.

• Thanks 1

Bonnie,

Thank you for looking into this.

I agree there is no need for a paper copy of the account and saving trees is important, (please inform the spa of this, another pet peeve of mine on their paper wastage).

We have always retrieved an email copy of the account until this year but we have  only sailed since Jan 2017.

We receive the post cruise survey, and all pre cruise check in info, so am not sure why AZ would send the account to our travel agent who in my opinion should not be receiving what I consider personal information.

I understand I can go and ask for this to be printed, but this is such a waste of peoples time when AZ had a system that was very simple and worked.

Thank you

Nana C

On 10/19/2018 at 6:58 PM, uktog said:

Currently on Pursuit and can confirm that you cannot access your account via the TV - in fact all that is on the TV are TV programs, no menus, room service etc.

Grrrrr so that bug is still not fixed 😞 Got 6 weeks coming up onboard and menu planning at the start of each cruise was something we had hoped to do - first world problem I know but darned annoying we can't do it without some other hassle involved

Edited by uktog

6 minutes ago, uktog said:

Grrrrr so that bug is still not fixed 😞 Got 6 weeks coming up onboard and menu planning at the start of each cruise was something we had hoped to do - first world problem I know but darned annoying we can't do it without some other hassle involved

We were told onboard that the equipment would be installed after the TA as the resources to do so are stateside.  Promised a much enhanced interactive experience compared to Journey and Quest.  These things typically take longer than planned but perhaps you will get to break-in the new system.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, nanacruiser said:

Hi Folks,

We have taken 6 cruises with AZ, on cruises up till early 2018 within a day of the cruise ending there was an on board account statement summary in  my email.

On a recent B2B on the Quest we did not receive a statement after either cruise. I always check the account on the TV screen to be sure there were no surprises.  and the amounts I was charged were correct and in anticipation I took a photo of the TV on the last night of the second cruise.

I did get precuise specific  emails and still get the daily advertising from AZ, also checked junk folders and spam blockers.

So just wondering if any other recent cruisers received their post cruise statements or has AZ stopped this practice.

Thanks, Nana

We have had many cruise with Azamara and we have never received this.

54 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

We were told onboard that the equipment would be installed after the TA as the resources to do so are stateside.  Promised a much enhanced interactive experience compared to Journey and Quest.  These things typically take longer than planned but perhaps you will get to break-in the new system.

38 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

We have had many cruise with Azamara and we have never received this.

Flying shoes, be careful - will it be break or break in given my track record - makes sense though, I know it relates to the servers the problem so it may be something Miami related.

As regards the folios, we have received them every cruise 2008-2017 its just the final 10% this year that haven't had them.  I am sure there is a logical explanation why you never got yours.

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

Flying shoes, be careful - will it be break or break in given my track record - makes sense though, I know it relates to the servers the problem so it may be something Miami related.

As regards the folios, we have received them every cruise 2008-2017 its just the final 10% this year that haven't had them.  I am sure there is a logical explanation why you never got yours.

Could also be related to the fact we never get any e-mails????

Although, we did get one this week, with a request to reply the FOLLOWING DAY, if we did not receive a follow up??  We didn't receive any follow up, alas.... so did actually let them know. (Is this getting boring folks?)

This quoted, and was in response to, a communication we had with Mr Twynam back in AUGUST about the matter.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, uktog said: