Pirate Sees 8 Days of Fun on the HORIZON! Oct 6-14, 2018 Review

pirate4me2

On 10/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, pirate4me2 said:

After filling our bellies, we decided it was time to go enjoy the Havana area since we had yet to be back there yet. IT WAS PACKED. Holy moly, I think they added more Havana cabins on the Horizon, didn’t they? It shows. There were NO empty loungers/chairs, and the pool was standing room only. We stayed back there for a bit, then decided to go people watch. We went to the Ocean Plaza for a bit, then moved to the atrium. I think I can see why my husband enjoys people watching as one of his favorite cruise “sports.” Tonight was the first elegant night, and seeing everyone dressed up was fun.

It was probably about 7:30 when we got hungry for dinner. Now, I may be a weirdo, but I don’t like the lobster on the ships. I love lobster rolls, lobster mac & cheese, etc, but just the plain lobster that Carnival serves on the first elegant night…..meh. I also do not like prime rib. Neither Mom nor I felt like dressing up today, and with the menu not sounding good to either of us….we opted to go to Lido. The place was empty, it was awesome! We decided on sandwiches from the deli, and there was nobody in line. Whoo hoo! I opted for the tomato & mozzarella sandwich, which was DELICIOUS. The potato salad I got on the side was nasty. Bleck! The fries were good though, and OMG the honey mustard I got to dip them in was AWESOME. Overall, it was a great dinner.

4E9E1BA0-8F6F-4DC4-9060-4398062C15C0.jpeg

In regards to the Havana being crowded I assume it’s because they just started allowing Grand Suites access.  

25 minutes ago, James4me said:

In regards to the Havana being crowded I assume it’s because they just started allowing Grand Suites access.  

I was on same cruise and also Havana and didn't find it to be too crowded. Yes, chairs would be taken up on seaday afternoons prime time. But DH and I laying in a clamshell one day, sat in the chairs another and sat on the wooden seats with out feet in the water 2 days. And I sat in the hot tub once. It's way better than that Lido deck and even a bit better than the Serenity area.

6 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

I was on same cruise and also Havana and didn't find it to be too crowded. Yes, chairs would be taken up on seaday afternoons prime time. But DH and I laying in a clamshell one day, sat in the chairs another and sat on the wooden seats with out feet in the water 2 days. And I sat in the hot tub once. It's way better than that Lido deck and even a bit better than the Serenity area.

Maybe I will upgrade to GS to get the Havana expierence.  

Pirate thank you I love the review.

Look s like from your pictures. In Grand Turk the water by Margartitaville is full of sea grass but down the left side its much nicer? Should we ditch our cabana and flowrider resservations and just go down the beach?

So a Grand Suite has Haven access, is that confirmed?

12 hours ago, Melissalcsw said:

Great Review, thank you so much for sharing. Definitely confirmed my desire to book a Havana Cabana!

Havana is the way to go!!!

12 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Pirate thank you I love the review.

Look s like from your pictures. In Grand Turk the water by Margartitaville is full of sea grass but down the left side its much nicer? Should we ditch our cabana and flowrider resservations and just go down the beach?

So a Grand Suite has Haven access, is that confirmed?

I’m not sure about the suite access, but a lot of people are saying that. 

The seaweed was bad by the ship/Margaritaville area but nonexistent down by Jacks Shack. 

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thanks for a great review.  Glad to see CC has pictures back!  What church did you go to in SJ?  Also, are you allowed to tour the cemetery  by the fort?

I honestly don’t know, it was a Cathedral we stumbled upon. It was gorgeous!! 

Not sure if you can tour the cemetery by the fort, we just wandered around outside and then walked on the trail along the sea. 

3 hours ago, heffy2 said:

Great review, thank you for taking the time to write it!

Thanks for reading!! 

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Shiver me timbers, matey!  Pictures and words worth a full chest of booty and me grog!  I'll have ye keelhauled from bow to stern less you continue!

😂😂 thanks for reading!! I’ll write another review in a few weeks when I sail the Miracle! 

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Once we finished eating Mom and I walked the Fun Shops, located on decks 4 and 5. Horizon has a real Victoria’s Secret with all sorts of stuff, but their Carnival branded items store has gotten smaller and was split into 2 different shops on deck 4. We didn’t buy anything (yet) and ended up in the Piano Bar. I know I’m probably creepy, but the only photo from the Piano Bar that I have is of the red wall...I thought it looked cool. 😂

4A341557-F3D0-4486-ABFC-8183487C599F.jpeg

0A090C79-E0EC-415B-8CAB-D9E44E33AD58.jpeg

That's an amazing shot. Very cool.