What Happened to Zaandam's 14-Day Canada New England Itinerary?

knittinggirl

Are all the Zaandam's 14-day Canada New England's closed loop (Boston) itineraries gone?  We're trying to find this itinerary, but we wonder if they were purged when the Prinsendam was sold. 

I didn't think Zaandam was affected directly?   Searching for this itinerary, I only found two cruises on 8/3 and 8/10 so I could do this as a B2B. 

Am I not doing the right search on the new website?  I tried searching by Sail To, Depart from, Departure Date and Duration.  Filling in all four fields at once in the find a cruise section.

I tried to get help from Alex on the Veendam, asking for several questions, including which in an itinerary was a tender port (something that was dropped in the new revised hal.com).  She said she uses a DOS system, and I wasn't allowed to use it.  Didn't tell her I started on DOS.

As far as I know these are being sold as 7 day cruises that can be bundled as back to back. I was just in the website and found multiple dates spanning May thru September. 

Click Search, then narrow it down to where you want to travel, then narrow it down to the 7 day itineraries. 

Hope me this helps. 

I believe you are correct that the 14 day route was axed with the sale of the Prinsendam.  I had seen the route earlier this year and thought it interesting as it went to some different ports of call like Red Hook, St John.  They were listed and then poof! 

It appears all of Zaandams' 2019 Canada/NE sailings are currently only being sold as a 7 day one way between Boston-Montreal (or Reverse).  If needs be they may open up the Boston to Boston or Montreal to Montreal 14 day rotations (as a "Collectors Cruise" back to back) sometime later in the booking cycle.  As of today only the 7 day segments are bookable as stand alone sailings. 

You could however book two one-way cruises and just make sure your Travel Agent secures the same room for both sailings.  That said you would repeat the ports on the second leg that you visited on the first leg as the routes are mirror images of one another.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72