Does the Chef Rudi dinner include wine?

POA1

4 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I couldn't tell from the HAL site, but does the chef's dinner include wine pairings? Thanks! 

Absolutely.  Usually you are met in the PG Bar (if there is one on your ship), hosted to champagne, champagne at the dinner, numerous wines, port and dessert wines 🙂  

the billing is broken down separately as they do for the Cellar Master, but it's one price when you book.

Wine is usually very good at these. 😉

52 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Thanks. When the website says $49  pp, that's the combination of the food and wine? Not sure if my DFIL will be up for it, but I wanted to do my homework. 

At $49 PP ist doesn't sound like the same thing to me.?

Could it be the Cellar Master renamed?  (The price matches close)

Wine is included with that too.

I haven't done a Chef Rudi/Master Chef dinner for a couple of years because it wasn't offered but I am quite sure the price was over that back then.

Chef Rudi/Mster Chef's Table is 18 people max and around $120 IIRC.  I believe HAL has stopped them for whatever reason, so it could be that you are embarking on a different dinner with the same name?

Sel de Mer is that price and wine is NOT included so take a double check. If it's Chef Rudi's Sel de Mer, wine is NOT included.  It's a totally different thing.

I wouldn't want to take you astray.

I think it is now called "Chef Rudi's Sel de Mer".  So, for that dinner, wine is not included.  We have sometimes received our 5* discount, sometimes had to fight for it!  On our Alaska cruise, the fresh fish of the day was black cod and it was loverly!  Definitely, ask what is fresh...

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

I don't think there was a set time, like there is for the Cellar Master dinner - just book the time you want.

That's correct.  It looks like it's the whole evening in the Pinnacle. In our case, it's December 23rd and you cannot book the regular PG that night.

4 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Yes, it's Chef Rudi's Sel de Mer. I was just perusing the HAL site and I didn't quote the title of the meal correctly.

Thanks all! My questions have been answered.

You are very welcome. :classic_smile:  It is only right and fair that we should try to repay you for all your answers to our technical questions!

• Thanks 1