San Juan Departure on Freedom

This may actually be a better question for a port board but because it is specific to Freedom of the Seas I thought I would start here.

Freedom doesn't leave San Juan until 8pm, I don't think we have ever had a ship leave that late before.  Normally we are underway around 5 or 6.  

When does RCI start boarding in San Juan?  Does the later departure change the start of boarding time?  We normally try to get to port around 11am and on board by noon but with such a late departure I wasn't sure if boarding time will be pushed back too.

We have family in San Juan so no actual rush to board but I would like to know when we should plan on arriving.  Any suggestions for embarking in San Juan would be appreciated.

We boarded at 11 and rooms were available at 1:30.  We got lunch and toured the ship.  It is our feeling you've paid for the day why not enjoy it on board.  We wore our suits or carried them on in our carry on and got changed as soon as our rooms were ready to enjoy the pool.

6 minutes ago, mets123 said:

If you board at noon and have lunch, can you leave the ship for  a couple of hours and then reboard? If so, do I need to recheck in, or just flash my ships id card?

You can leave and come back, no need to check-in again.