Balcony cabin or Havana Interior

JaiJae

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the Vista in April. Originally wanted to stay in a Havana Cabin (Balcony) but they were sold out so we got a regular balcony cabin. Just got offered a Havana Interior cabin. Never stayed in an Interior cabin before but it would like to experience the Havana area. Is it worth giving up the balcony? 

Both rooms appear to be 185 sq ft. Do you need/prefer daylight? How often you plan to use your balcony? Were you going to have breakfast/coffee there? Were you planning to read/relax there? The only perk for Havana I see with the interior is use of the Havana pool until 5pm.

1 minute ago, JennyB1977 said:

Both rooms appear to be 185 sq ft. Do you need/prefer daylight? How often you plan to use your balcony? Were you going to have breakfast/coffee there? Were you planning to read/relax there? The only perk for Havana I see with the interior is use of the Havana pool until 5pm.

Hi Jenny,

No preference for the daylight or not. We use the balcony mostly in the mornings. I was just wondering if the Havana area was as “amazing” as rep said. She said many people would choose to upgrade and that they get a lot of request for that area. 

25 minutes ago, JaiJae said:

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the Vista in April. Originally wanted to stay in a Havana Cabin (Balcony) but they were sold out so we got a regular balcony cabin. Just got offered a Havana Interior cabin. Never stayed in an Interior cabin before but it would like to experience the Havana area. Is it worth giving up the balcony? 

From what I am hearing, Havana is worth it just for the pool area.  I'm watching this to see what you choose.  I could live without a balcony myself, but not everyone can.  🙂

We will not sail without a balcony. We have room service continental breakfast every day on the balcony, before our full breakfast later. We like cocktails on the balcony before dinner. Our son stayed across the hall in an interior, we thought it was like a coffin. 

4 hours ago, JaiJae said:

Hello everyone,

Yes for the Havana area.

A Havana balcony on deck 5 is more like a patio. Beyond the patio gate several feet to the rail is a promenade other Havana guests may use until 7 when anyone can stroll by, or linger at the rail. It's about as private as an aisle in a Pullman train.

If you desire the exclusive use pools and bar area, Havana might be you. If you are sociable and want to hang there, I don't think a balcony is necessary.

5 hours ago, Moviela said:

A Havana balcony on deck 5 is more like a patio. Beyond the patio gate several feet to the rail is a promenade other Havana guests may use until 7 when anyone can stroll by, or linger at the rail. It's about as private as an aisle in a Pullman train.

The OP is trying to decide between a regular balcony and a Havana interior; as he or she stated, the Havana cabanas are sold out. 

We just got off the Vista Sunday and had a Havana balcony and we loved it!!  We had 6 rooms total so we all hung out on our patios quite a bit.  You have exclusive use of the Havana pool until 7pm everyday.  We very rarely saw people on the walkway in front of our patios.  Most people came and went through their main balcony door unlike our group who mainly used our patio door.  If you like hanging out by the pool I would definitely recommend the Havana area as there was never more than 20 people out there during the day.  We loved it and will never cruise that class of ships unless we are in a Havana balcony.  If you don't mind having an interior I would definitely try it....it really is an awesome area!

23 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Maybe am wrong but I thought Havana cabins had exclusive use of the pool until 7:00pm not 5:00pm.

4 minutes ago, steadyone said:

Maybe am wrong but I thought Havana cabins had exclusive use of the pool until 7:00pm not 5:00pm.

You are correct.  At 7pm the area opens up to everyone although there was never anyone back there in the evenings.  There were people inside the Havana area listening to music but it was never packed and there was never anyone outside at night.

Just off the Horizon in a Havana inside and, yep, totally worth it. LOVED it. EXCEPT...it was cabin 6470 and was above the inside Havana bar's stage that had a band playing through midnight-1am each night. Was very loud and vibrate-y when laying in our bed. So watch where the location is. I don't think they have that cabin on Vista...looking at deck plans it looks like steward/storage space. 

But that Havana area was fantastic. And lots of stuff nearby on deck 5 so we spent most of out time there.

Edited by laumicmah

We were on the Vista in March this year in an aft wrap balcony that was also a Havana cabin.  Prior to that we had always cruised with a balcony.  The aft wrap was great but we spent so little time on the balcony because we were always out in the Havana area.  We are headed back out on the Vista in a couple weeks, Nov 11th for the wife's 50th bday.  We decided to get an inside Havana cabin this time.  Biggest balcony draws for us; I'm usually up a couple hours before the wife on sea days, that was always coffee on the balcony time.  Second was hanging out to chill after returning from port.   For both the Havana area was a better option than the balcony for us last time.  We will see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback everyone...we decided to take the offer and go with the Havana Interior. Just for the experience and too see what all the excitement is about. This will be our first time being in an interior cabin but hopefully the Havana extras will offset the fact we won’t have a balcony. Either way I’m excited.