Ventura MDR breakfast menu

Zombatar

We are off on Ventura next January and wondered if anybody has a current copy of the MDR breakfast menu. We have been on Ventura quite a few times but not for a couple of years and have never eaten in the MDR for breakfast. We would really appreciate any help that you guys can give us.

Peter and Jenny

If you like a "Full English" you can go for the P&O cruises breakfast or the grill and add or subtract any items or go for items from the grill or P&O and list them all individually.  There is an item which is not listed, REALLY THICK TOAST, it's like a doorstep and not to be confused with the toast they normally do, not sure if it is still available but you can ask.  If you do not want fried eggs but like poached eggs you can order these, they come as pairs on two half baps.  The baps take on all the moisture, so I leave those and transfer the actual eggs to my big grill plate.  You can order what you like and ask for anything you normally see at breakfast times.

Regards John

Forgot to mention.  There is only one MDR which is open for breakfasts it is one of the midships restaurants with access from the atrium area.  The restaurant is publicised in the "Horizon" daily newsletter and it should be noted that if you intend to go there first thing or last thing, it only open for a couple of hours but they vary.  On port days they open about half an hour earlier than on sea days.  So check the night before to prevent disappointment.

Regards John

On 10/27/2018 at 9:52 PM, john watson said:

Forgot to mention.  There is only one MDR which is open for breakfasts it is one of the midships restaurants with access from the atrium area.  The restaurant is publicised in the "Horizon" daily newsletter and it should be noted that if you intend to go there first thing or last thing, it only open for a couple of hours but they vary.  On port days they open about half an hour earlier than on sea days.  So check the night before to prevent disappointment.

Regards John

Last month two restaurants were open for breakfast. One at the ridiculously 'normal' time which finished serving at 9 or 9.30.The other was later and finished serving the slightly more civilized time of 10am. However the latter became very busy and service slowed. Hope PandO take notice and realise that people do not want a full service breakfast so early when on holiday. 

I go to the MDR for breakfast on most days when on Ventura and ask for whatever "Full English" I want and they bring it, you don't have to stick to the script.

There are daily specials, such as corned beef hash, kippers, eggs Benedict etc, they are also printed on the menu.

13 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Last month two restaurants were open for breakfast. One at the ridiculously 'normal' time which finished serving at 9 or 9.30.The other was later and finished serving the slightly more civilized time of 10am. However the latter became very busy and service slowed. Hope PandO take notice and realise that people do not want a full service breakfast so early when on holiday. 

Many people don't, but some of us do. I don't regard 8am as early; at home I generally have breakfast at around 7. Though retired, I've never really managed to shift myself to a later-rising lifestyle. So I hope that P&O don't make the MDR breakfast start later. Even on sea days, there's always a queue outside the MDR at 8am in my experience, though admittedly quite a short one.

On the cruise I've just been on on Arcadia, the get-together with coffee for solo travellers was scheduled at 9:30 each day. Now that did seem ridiculously early.

4 hours ago, jh1809 said:

Many people don't, but some of us do. I don't regard 8am as early; at home I generally have breakfast at around 7. Though retired, I've never really managed to shift myself to a later-rising lifestyle. So I hope that P&O don't make the MDR breakfast start later. Even on sea days, there's always a queue outside the MDR at 8am in my experience, though admittedly quite a short one.

On the cruise I've just been on on Arcadia, the get-together with coffee for solo travellers was scheduled at 9:30 each day. Now that did seem ridiculously early.

On port days we usually go down for breakfast around 8.30am but on sea days we have a bit of a lie in and go down around 9.00 - 9.15am 😀

6 hours ago, jh1809 said:

My thoughts as well as with my job I'm up at 4am and always had my breakfast well before 5am and due to this routine even on weekends off or on holiday 6am to me is a good lay in . I love early mornings on the ships as it's so peaceful ,even the buffet at 5-30 to 6.30 is a nice venue :classic_smile:

I doubt that, I same as  you, I will ever alter myself to being a late riser, nor would I want to as I like the sail in's and sunrises :classic_happy:

Edited by kalos