NCL menus Jade MDRs Oct 2018

barric

Mercifully, we had specialty dining for most of the nights on our 8 day Jade cruise.  Here are most of the menus from the main dining rooms.  Grand Pacific and Alizar have the same menus.  I will post the rest in a reply.

Bill 

menu (4).jpeg

menu (5).jpeg

menu 2 (1).jpeg

menu 2 (2).jpeg

menu 2 (3).jpeg

menu 2 (4).jpeg

menu 3 (1).jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you for posting.  Love to read the menus.  Some of these items may be good and then again....  Also, I have never been a fan of mashed potatoes but that seems to be the "in" thing, even with the prime rib.  I'd like my baked potato back please.  

My last post include the Jasmine Gardens menu.

Overall, we were lucky to catch the prime rib on the next to last night.  Twice my wife had a salmon entree, once in the MDR and once in La Cucina.    The  Ruby Tuesday salmon she had on our trip to Miami was  better than both the NCL entrees (somewhat dry).   A Shrimp Scampi entree in Alizar was significantly lacking shrimp (had 3 medium and 6 or 7 salad size).  Another dinner at Alizar was better.  I chose the daily strip steak and was able to get asparagus instead of fries. 

Dinner service was outstanding in both MDR and Specialty restaurants, except as I will note.  We did not have any long waits for food.  Special requests were accomodated.  And when we needed to eat faster to make a show, the staff got it done.

Now the problem.  Getting a first drink on seating was usually no problem.  But a second or a glass of wine was consistently slooowww.    My suggestion is to carry in your first cocktail, and order your wine or other drinks as soon as you are seated.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the menus! Your post is wonderful! Especially when combined with Ludicrous_Speed's photos and reviews of the menu items (apparently, Getaway's menu is the same as Jade's). He didn't post the menus, just the food photos. :)

We are also on Jade's Nov 16th sailing!

I see quite a few items I will be trying in MDR.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Thank you for the menus but wow, how disappointing.  Disappointed that they dropped the Prime Rib from 2 nights down to one.  Substituted Carved Whole Roasted Sirloin instead, which belongs on the buffet, not the dining room.  Don't even get me started on veal bratwurst.  Also, the fish entrees are horrible, the red snapper would be good but not liking the Asian snaffoo.  Trout twice.did away with the Swordfish which was my favorite.

Cagneys really changed. Ceasar salad was changed to Mexican Ceasar salad, Oysters Rockefeller was replaced with Chicken Drumsticks 😦, Chilled Colossal Shrimp Trio was replaced with Shrimp Cocktail, Beef & Goat Cheese Napoleon was replaced with Beef Sliders, Lump Crab Cake replaced with Lump Crab Salad.

Veal Chop was replaced with St Louis Style Ribs (really?), Prime Rib replaced with Truffle Chicken, Surf & Turf no more but now Bison STRIP Steak, No more Double Cut Berkshire Pork Chop.   Rib eye Steak is gone!

Yellow fin Tuna is relaced with Grilled Garlic Shrimp, Fried Fishermans Polatter is replaces with Shrimp Linguine.

What a down grade in the menu.  😡

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Jade Cagney's menu above is actually the "old" menu. The "new menu" has been out since the Escape launched.  NCL did update menus at the end of August with "new new menus". 

So the "new" menu is not the "new" menu?  Which menu is the new menu?  Is the Veal Chop on the new menu?????

12 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

So the "new" menu is not the "new" menu?  Which menu is the new menu?  Is the Veal Chop on the new menu?????

On our 10/14 sailing on Getaway, the Cagney's menu was different that what is posted in this thread. The Oysters were there, the Pork Chop was there, the Tuna was there. I thought I remembered a Veal Chop- but not 100% certain. I am certain that the two Cagney's menus were quite different.

Edited by ludicrous_speed
spelling

The shrimp cocktail in Cagney's used to be great, fresh jumbo shrimp with that great cocktail sauce.. The last time, smaller precooked frozen ones. And the sauce wasn't the same. Does anything get better on the menus?

14 minutes ago, barric said:

We had the shrimp cocktail on Jade this trip and it was quite good.  Jumbo shrimp seemingly fresh cooked.

That's good to hear. I'll be on her in Feb. Last year on the Pearl, it was not as good as previous visits.

I was on the Jade for Oct. 15 sailing. Noticed most people sent the salmon back. I had the flounder and sent that back got something else that I also sent back. Found food in the Garden Café was better than Alizar and Grande Pacific. I had Shephard's Pie in O'Sheehans which I liked. All around I thought the food could be much better. I have another cruise on NCL booked in Jan. but that may be the last. 

Thank you for posting the menus, they look fine to me, especially because I know that if I want in the MDR I can order various things, in case I don't like something. My first cruise was in 1994. The food used to be quite good, however I still said that if I wanted to eat good food, I could just stay home (I lived in the NYC Metro area), or go to a foodie town, like Charleston, and many others now. I go on a cruise for the experience. That being said, in the past I felt that the specialty restaurants on NCL were much better than the MDR, however I am sure I could live without them and be perfectly happy. We are trying to decide between the sail away cabin, and paying more for the free at sea. (don't debate with me about the unlimited beverages please).

1 hour ago, Robinsilver said:

We are trying to decide between the sail away cabin, and paying more for the free at sea. (don't debate with me about the unlimited beverages please).

for me it's a no brainer. WE don't go to specialty restaurants, and we would have chosen the free perk of a free 3rd person. The price difference was a couple of bucks, so we went with Sail away as the slightly cheaper option.

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

for me it's a no brainer. WE don't go to specialty restaurants, and we would have chosen the free perk of a free 3rd person. The price difference was a couple of bucks, so we went with Sail away as the slightly cheaper option.

Thanks for the idea. I priced the 2 choices because we may be 3, it turns out the sail away is still cheaper, as you mentioned. SOmeone posted dining room menus. I am fine with the choices. I can get prime rib anywhere, I don't have to worry that I can get it only 1 night on the cruise.

• Like 1