No priority boarding for C&A at PanAm Pier/Freedom

I am gathering data and my thoughts for a full review, but in the meantime, an important bit of information for those concerned.  There was no priority bag drop off or boarding line prior to entering the terminal for Crown and Anchor members - at any level - on my recent Freedom cruise.  It was all in one place for everyone for luggage drop off, and then one single line to get into the terminal.  In our case, we arrived at 1;30, just after several motor coaches carrying large groups arrived, and the lines and waiting were quite long and the waits extensive.  If I were you, I would plan to arrive earlier rather than later until the issue is resolved. 

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Every time we've been there, they have had a separate entry line for suite guests.

I didn't see one for suite guests, either.  Could be wrong.  Last year for the Adventure, they had priority luggage drop off and check in for C&A.  Not this time.

Edited by Aviator of the Seas

I've never experienced any priority bag drop off, but we mostly  sail from Tampa or Port Canaveral.  And I believe  there is just  one line to enter the new PC terminal. If there is a priority line  I've missed it the past 4 cruises.   There are some priority  security lines once inside.    From what I am reading in CC, it seems that for some ports,  everyone who has sailed RCCL at least once ( and is a gold member) has priority check in.  We often find that when there is any priority line, the regular line is faster.

OP - Thanks for the info

M

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've never experienced any priority bag drop off, but we mostly  sail from Tampa or Port Canaveral.  And I believe  there is just  one line to enter the new PC terminal. If there is a priority line  I've missed it the past 4 cruises.   There are some priority  security lines once inside.    From what I am reading in CC, it seems that for some ports,  everyone who has sailed RCCL at least once ( and is a gold member) has priority check in.  We often find that when there is any priority line, the regular line is faster.

OP - Thanks for the info

M

Definitely a priority line in PC, but just Suites and PC now, I've read.  Will verify in 2 weeks.

The tricky part is you have to cut through the big line snaking into the building. 😱 

Always gotten dirty looks. Really don't blame them. The big line is brutal

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Definitely a suite line in PC, but just Suites and PC now, I've read.  Will verify in 2 weeks

A suite line for walking in the terminal door?  I am not talking about the  security lines  and check in lines, just the  terminal door entrance.  Perhaps I get there so early that there are few passengers  and no  need for  special  terminal entrance doors.

Thx

M

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

A suite line for walking in the terminal door?  I am not talking about the  security lines  and check in lines, just the  terminal door entrance.  Perhaps I get there so early that there are few passengers  and no  need for  special  terminal entrance doors.

Thx

M

Yep, you walk up to the left of the line, enter terminal and then cross over the long line. We arrive around 11:30 and the line is massive.

This is mainly for Oasis, MJ and Enchantment is not bad at all.

I drop our luggage off around 10AM and then have friends drop us at the door late that morning

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, you walk up to the left of the line, enter terminal and then cross over the long line. We arrive around 11:30 and the line is massive.

This is mainly for Oasis, MJ and Enchantment is not bad at all.

I drop our luggage off around 10AM and then have friends drop us at the door late that morning

Thanks John - never noticed it or needed it for Oasis.  

M

Just sailed on Freedom out of SJU on 10/13.  We arrived at the terminal around 3pm and it was a ghost town.  Walked right in and (yes, we used the Suite line) but there were no waits in any lines.

I recommend getting there later rather than earlier.  But that's a personal choice of course.  🙂

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Definitely a priority line in PC, but just Suites and PC now, I've read.  Will verify in 2 weeks.

The tricky part is you have to cut through the big line snaking into the building. 😱 

Always gotten dirty looks. Really don't blame them. The big line is brutal

I hope that story is wrong.  There was a separate entrance for D+ last time we sailed on he OA  The rep told us to go thru the closed doors on the left side.  The right side was the VERY long line of folks waiting to get into the security area.  Like you said not an issue with the smaller ships.