YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

SC ... there never was anything officially indicated anywhere about what package was included with YC bookings when the policy was first introduced in April 2017.  However, it was very clear, when onboard, that it was the Deluxe package.  The comparison guide shows what's included in Deluxe (for US-based ships - which will apply in your case).  I'm afraid that's all you can go on.  I think it's unlikely you'll get a definitive answer on the subject, unfortunately.  We're in the same boat (pardon the pun!) for our cruises on Seaview and Meriviglia later this year.

It felt very clear on the Meraviglia that the deluxe package was included but MSC still told me "no package included".

3 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I really appreciate your efforts to help and I thank you for that.

My problem is that MSC don't want to confirm what was included when I booked the cruise! If I don't know what was included when I booked the cruise I really can't "demand" to get anything!

Hi Sverigecruiser

I can understand how frustrating this is, however if you booked before 11th November 2018 then you should receive everything that you had on your last cruise, this is only my opinion,  You should email MSC with all that you received on you cruise and ask if this will be included in your future cruise as I did as they did not say I would not received any of the things I listed so therefore I will be expecting them and will be taking the email with me as confirmation of what I expect to be included at no extra charge. This has put all my concerns to rest and now look forward to my cruise. Hope you can bin your concerns as I have. 

28 minutes ago, Scot born said:

Hi Sverigecruiser

I can understand how frustrating this is, however if you booked before 11th November 2018 then you should receive everything that you had on your last cruise, this is only my opinion,  You should email MSC with all that you received on you cruise and ask if this will be included in your future cruise as I did as they did not say I would not received any of the things I listed so therefore I will be expecting them and will be taking the email with me as confirmation of what I expect to be included at no extra charge. This has put all my concerns to rest and now look forward to my cruise. Hope you can bin your concerns as I have. 

I agree with you and think that I will recieve the things I had on our last cruise.

I'm not really concerned, I expect to have a great cruise even if I have to pay for Champagne but it is frustrating that MSC doesn't want to confirm what's included!

I will ask MSC in Sweden specifically about the Champagne and if they say that it's included and they say no on the ship I will not argue about it on the ship. I will pay for it on the ship and send the bill to MSC in Sweden when I'm back!

6 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I agree with you and think that I will recieve the things I had on our last cruise.

I'm not really concerned, I expect to have a great cruise even if I have to pay for Champagne but it is frustrating that MSC doesn't want to confirm what's included!

I will ask MSC in Sweden specifically about the Champagne and if they say that it's included and they say no on the ship I will not argue about it on the ship. I will pay for it on the ship and send the bill to MSC in Sweden when I'm back!

That's a great attitude, go enjoy and make exciting memories, I am of the same thinking if I get what was on offer at the time of booking then great if not then I will still have a fab time and at a great price as it is now a couple of £1000 more for the full package flights hotels and YC so therefore spending a few €'s for ice cream is not going to ruin an exciting top notch cruise. What date are you cruising? 

2 hours ago, Scot born said:

That's a great attitude, go enjoy and make exciting memories, I am of the same thinking if I get what was on offer at the time of booking then great if not then I will still have a fab time and at a great price as it is now a couple of £1000 more for the full package flights hotels and YC so therefore spending a few €'s for ice cream is not going to ruin an exciting top notch cruise. What date are you cruising? 

Our cruise is February 10. We are flying to Miami, via Heathrow, February 7. We will fly in Club World on British Airways so we know that our flights to and from Miami will be nice too!

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Our cruise is February 10. We are flying to Miami, via Heathrow, February 7. We will fly in Club World on British Airways so we know that our flights to and from Miami will be nice too!

Have a great time and let us all know how much you enjoyed it again. 

On 1/1/2019 at 9:20 AM, sverigecruiser said:

.....I don't really need any fancy drinks or icecream. If basic drinks and the cheapest Champagne (Nicolas Feuilatte?) is included I'm happy. I will drink Champagne everyday even if it isn't included but I prefer if it's included!

Sverige

Please be assured that you will have deluxe (not basic) drinks included....this, for certain, as a minimum includes Nicolas Feuilatte champagne which was the only one available without charge at the time of our Meraviglia YC cruise in October 2018. All of this, from personal experience.

Koppla av, and ha det så roligt when the time comes!

11 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Sverige

Please be assured that you will have deluxe (not basic) drinks included....this, for certain, as a minimum includes Nicolas Feuilatte champagne which was the only one available without charge at the time of our Meraviglia YC cruise in October 2018. All of this, from personal experience.

I hope that the deluxe package is included but MSC in Sweden say that no package is included so I don't know what I will get!