Our Carnival Pride to Bermuda cruise (with pics) - 10/21/2018

Jamman54

18 minutes ago, AndrewD65 said:

This was an amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time and writing it out. I will always say picture reviews with details is my favorite!!

Thanks for reading and for your kind words. 😎

• 1 month later...

As always, another great review Jeff. I saw this review in the fall, but neglected to read it until now. The reason, our Pride Bermuda trip in September was changed to the Bahamas because of the hurricane. We were very disappointed, but those things can come up. I chose to read it now because we are trying to go to Bermuda again in August on a different line. We will be docking in St. George and Hamilton. Since you have been there many times, do you have some ideas how we should be planning our first visit?

Thanks Again,

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

We have done four cruises on the Pride to date and have a B2B scheduled for this October/November, with the first leg being a 7 day to Bermuda. Bermuda is one of my favorite places, and DW enjoys it too, but not her top pick. Enjoyed your review very much, brought back many memories, and gave me a few ideas for this fall. We have three things identified that we want to do, the aquarium, crystal caves and Swizzle Inn (I need a new Swizzle Inn cap).

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:00 PM, Jim and Monika said:

As always, another great review Jeff. I saw this review in the fall, but neglected to read it until now. The reason, our Pride Bermuda trip in September was changed to the Bahamas because of the hurricane. We were very disappointed, but those things can come up. I chose to read it now because we are trying to go to Bermuda again in August on a different line. We will be docking in St. George and Hamilton. Since you have been there many times, do you have some ideas how we should be planning our first visit?

Thanks Again,

Jim

Thanks for reading. Sorry about the delay in responding. We were on the Splendor Hawaii cruise and didn't get home until Mother's Day. We love Bermuda and we'll be going back in September on the Sunrise. Since you are docking in both towns that makes it much easier. Not knowing your preferences, all I can say is that you will have no problem finding things to do that will suit you. Enjoy your cruise! :classic_cool:

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:54 AM, Ms. Fun Bunch said:

Thanks so much for another wonderful review!!  Bermuda is one of my favorite island.  I hope I get to sail with you all again.  It has been 2 years since we were on the January Pride Journey Cruise.

Hey M! Always glad to have you along for the ride. Hope we get to cruise together again in the near future! :classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, goaties said:

Thanks so much for all you go. Patty looks great. Way to go... Retirement must be great.

Thanks for reading. Patti looks even better now, (if that's possible!) :classic_biggrin: Check out our 25th Anniversary cruise review. :classic_cool:

1 hour ago, FiredogCruiser said:

We have done four cruises on the Pride to date and have a B2B scheduled for this October/November, with the first leg being a 7 day to Bermuda. Bermuda is one of my favorite places, and DW enjoys it too, but not her top pick. Enjoyed your review very much, brought back many memories, and gave me a few ideas for this fall. We have three things identified that we want to do, the aquarium, crystal caves and Swizzle Inn (I need a new Swizzle Inn cap).

Thanks for coming along for the ride. We love Bermuda too, and we'll be back there in September on the Sunrise. You seem to have a good plan. Enjoy your cruise! :classic_cool:

4 hours ago, FiredogCruiser said:

It looks like you are from near where I grew up!  I was a Girard Yellow Jacket years ago 🙂 

Sorry for the threadjack, but I noticed where you were from and had to comment.

Jeff and Patti, congratulations again and can't wait to see the Anniversary review. 

eta: I glanced at the pictures and WOW, Patti is inspiring.  I hope I can get in that good of shape by my 25th anniversary next October.  It looks like you might be slimming down some too - is that from the hip surgery?

Edited by pacruise804

19 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

It looks like you are from near where I grew up!  I was a Girard Yellow Jacket years ago 🙂 

Jeff and Patti, congratulations again and can't wait to see the Anniversary review. 

eta: I glanced at the pictures and WOW, Patti is inspiring.  I hope I can get in that good of shape by my 25th anniversary next October.  It looks like you might be slimming down some too - is that from the hip surgery?

Patti has lost a lot of weight over the past year or so. I have lost a minimal amount but not a lot. Thanks for noticing! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Yep. Wife & I are both former Fairview Tigers. Remember when they tried to merge the two districts back in the late 1960's. We were to become the Lake Central High School. They even purchased wrestling mats with the new logo on them, prior to voters turning down the merger.

Have read Cruise Critic for years, and have done a lot of researching here, but just started commenting. Just retired, now have the time.

I'm a few years younger (class of 91) and I never knew the schools almost merged.  That would have been a big school in the ECL.

I think growing up on Lake Erie and time at Presque Isle is part of what gave me a love for the water ❤️ Can't wait until the weekend when we cruise again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I read your review with much anticipation and was saddened to hear that you do not recommend going to Bermuda in October.  😔  I am seriously considering the Pride cruise to Bermuda this October.  My schedule is hard to get a week away but I can actually get away during this time frame and was looking forward to going to Bermuda, but now I wonder if it’s worth it???  I may not get a chance to go in spring or summer months for years.  Do I risk it and go now?  If I do go now, should I splurge on a balcony or extended balcony or is the weather too bad to enjoy the balcony?  Thank you for any advice you have for me.  

On 5/29/2019 at 9:32 PM, Jim and Monika said:

Thanks again Jeff,

Hope you enjoyed the Hawaii cruise. We are mostly beach people.

Jim

Thanks so much for reading! 😎

12 hours ago, boltpeople said:

I read your review with much anticipation and was saddened to hear that you do not recommend going to Bermuda in October.  😔  I am seriously considering the Pride cruise to Bermuda this October.  My schedule is hard to get a week away but I can actually get away during this time frame and was looking forward to going to Bermuda, but now I wonder if it’s worth it???  I may not get a chance to go in spring or summer months for years.  Do I risk it and go now?  If I do go now, should I splurge on a balcony or extended balcony or is the weather too bad to enjoy the balcony?  Thank you for any advice you have for me.  

Thanks for reading. I didn't mean to put you off of cruising to Bermuda in October. The temperature when we went in late October was in the low 70's which is still very nice and comfortable. When we are in Bermuda Patti and I like to spend at least one day at the beach. The low 70's is just a bit too cool for us beach wise, but perfect for exploring the rest of the island. So in summary, if you are beach people, it may or may not be too cool for you, and if not, you should be just fine. 😎

• Like 1

Great review as usual! This was very helpful as we are booked on the Breeze (first cruise on Carnival) to Bermuda in September. We won’t have nearly as much time there as you did on the Pride, so I was really struggling with finding things to do when we dock at 4pm. The ferry, taxi and minibus information was very helpful! 

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us! 🙂

On 7/18/2019 at 5:53 AM, boltpeople said:

Thanks Jamman54.  I would love a day at the beach, but I think I’ll love seeing Bermuda while I have a chance!  Now to go re-read your detailed review to draft my plans to tour Bermuda!  😊

Enjoy your planning! :classic_cool:

20 hours ago, Destaw71835 said:

Great review as usual! This was very helpful as we are booked on the Breeze (first cruise on Carnival) to Bermuda in September. We won’t have nearly as much time there as you did on the Pride, so I was really struggling with finding things to do when we dock at 4pm. The ferry, taxi and minibus information was very helpful! 

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us! 🙂

Glad you found he review helpful. Thanks for reading. :classic_cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 5:53 AM, boltpeople said:

Thanks Jamman54.  I would love a day at the beach, but I think I’ll love seeing Bermuda while I have a chance!  Now to go re-read your detailed review to draft my plans to tour Bermuda!  😊

We went at the beginning of June so the water wasn't very warm yet, but still had a great time.  One fun activity that adjusts for the weather is Hartley's Helmet Dive.  It leaves right from the Dockyard (near Calico Jack's) and they provide wet suits for warmth when the water is too cool.  We had wet suits followed by a warm water rinse - pictures I've seen for July they didn't use the suits.

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

We went at the beginning of June so the water wasn't very warm yet, but still had a great time.  One fun activity that adjusts for the weather is Hartley's Helmet Dive.  It leaves right from the Dockyard (near Calico Jack's) and they provide wet suits for warmth when the water is too cool.  We had wet suits followed by a warm water rinse - pictures I've seen for July they didn't use the suits.

Helmet dives are so much fun. I did one with the boys at Coral World in St. Thomas. Now a days Calico Jack's is my speed. 😁

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Helmet dives are so much fun. I did one with the boys at Coral World in St. Thomas. Now a days Calico Jack's is my speed. 😁

Jumping off the plank, right 😉 

@boltpeople, you will need to search directly for the company since they don't do ship excursions.  They offer a picture package too (thumb drive), which had a small discount since we pre-purchased.  

Sorry for the thread drift, Jamman54.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Jumping off the plank, right 😉 

@boltpeople, you will need to search directly for the company since they don't do ship excursions.  They offer a picture package too (thumb drive), which had a small discount since we pre-purchased.  

Sorry for the thread drift, Jamman54.

Hey, we're talking about Bermuda so no worries! 😀

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2019 at 3:29 PM, boltpeople said:

We are going to Bermuda on the Pride late this October, then staying on for the Journey Cruise the next two weeks as a B2B. We have been to Bermuda in October before and loved it. Not being big beach people we found it pleasant weather for walking around and simply enjoying all things Bermuda, and plan to do so again. We plan on visiting the Crystal Caves, the Aquarium, Swizzle Inn (I need a new cap, my old Swizzle Inn hat is wore out) and I want to visit the Gosling Rum store in Hamilton. (Lord Hawke in the Ted Bell Hawke series of books is a Gosling rum drinker, and it is referenced frequently in his books. I'm not a big rum drinker, but since Bell's next book in the series won't be out until next year this will be my Hawke fix for this cruise.) I am positive you will have a wonderful time should you decide to go.