Cdn Exchange Rates

Djsmrs

So ... was just looking at booking a cruise and was comparing prices between the US site and the Canadian site.  US price was 6,481, and the price in Canadian was 10,100.  Now - I’m no economist but I’m pretty sure the exchange is at 30/31% not 60!   Called and got a more reasonable price that more accurately reflected current exchange rates.  

A gentle heads up to up to fellow Canadians that if the price seems insane just call for accurate pricing.   Clearly the website is a bit off kilter.  

• Like 1

We always price in both currencies.

Also, depending on what you believe about electronic tracking etc etc, clear your cache, cookies etc before you reprice.

Another one I've just heard, but not sure I believe,  a VPN to a different country's IP address may get you a different pricing structure too.

(forgive the terms if they're wrong, not a tech person)

There is definitely something odd with the exchange.  I repriced the cost of our Dec cruise (even though past final payment) and was surprised at how high they were charging for interiors in CAD.  Then I tried in USD and found it is charging the expected amount.  It seems like CAD is double USD amount (and strangely in CAD, the outside rooms are cheapest whereas in USD, the interiors are cheapest).

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

There is definitely something odd with the exchange.  I repriced the cost of our Dec cruise (even though past final payment) and was surprised at how high they were charging for interiors in CAD.  Then I tried in USD and found it is charging the expected amount.  It seems like CAD is double USD amount (and strangely in CAD, the outside rooms are cheapest whereas in USD, the interiors are cheapest).

See - you legalize pot and everything goes off the rails. :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3