Jacqui O's Beachhouse

jbiker

Regular visitor.

Best to pre-book your lunch and day well in advance as space limited.

Beds can be rented and placed as required.

Great good, service and drinks.

Shabby chic class.

Don't forget to sign the visitors book.

Welcome to the Club

Addendum.  Consider trying their renowned signature dish, the Gourmet Burger.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Addendum

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 10:24 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Regular visitor.

Best to pre-book your lunch and day well in advance as space limited.

Beds can be rented and placed as required.

Great good, service and drinks.

Shabby chic class.

Don't forget to sign the visitors book.

Welcome to the Club

Addendum.  Consider trying their renowned signature dish, the Gourmet Burger.

It looks as if this would suit us just fine! Is the beach here good/safe for swimming? I suppose it would be fun to take the bus there, but are taxis easy to find for the return to ship?

3 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

It looks as if this would suit us just fine! Is the beach here good/safe for swimming? I suppose it would be fun to take the bus there, but are taxis easy to find for the return to ship?

3 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

Beach is safe for swimming, but there is a slight beach drop off.  Okay for those who are able bodied, but JO's Team will be happy to assist both in and out of the sea, for those being less able.  Everyone is treated royally.

The Public Bus are not that regular, resulting in a queueing and boarding bun fight, (think urban gorilla warefare), so no fun, as T'erds use it to visit other beaches.  

You can take a shared taxi van with a destination known as Turners Beach, and ask to be dropped off at JO.  Fare about $8.00 each.  But a shared taxi will have an "agreed" return time with the majority of pax, usually very very early.  Just take a taxi back, and JO will call/book a reliable one for you, for a time of your choosing.

Think of JO as being your new upmarket Club, complete with exceptional service etc., when nothing is too much trouble for a member.

Enjoy your day.  

PS:  For food, only the best fresh ingredients are used,   Nothing frozen.

22 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Beach is safe for swimming, but there is a slight beach drop off.  Okay for those who are able bodied, but JO's Team will be happy to assist both in and out of the sea, for those being less able.  Everyone is treated royally.

The Public Bus are not that regular, resulting in a queueing and boarding bun fight, (think urban gorilla warefare), so no fun, as T'erds use it to visit other beaches.  

You can take a shared taxi van with a destination known as Turners Beach, and ask to be dropped off at JO.  Fare about $8.00 each.  But a shared taxi will have an "agreed" return time with the majority of pax, usually very very early.  Just take a taxi back, and JO will call/book a reliable one for you, for a time of your choosing.

Think of JO as being your new upmarket Club, complete with exceptional service etc., when nothing is too much trouble for a member.

PORT ROYAL

Thank you for a very thorough response. I emailed them yesterday, but at present no reply. Perhaps I shall try via FB messaging.

I hope we get booked in here as we certainly want to escape from St Johns (QV 30 Nov) as we fear the port will be very crowded.

Did you know JO's is up for sale? I found this out whilst trawling the web to find a means to contact the restaurant.

5 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

PORT ROYAL

Thank you for a very thorough response. I emailed them yesterday, but at present no reply. Perhaps I shall try via FB messaging.

I hope we get booked in here as we certainly want to escape from St Johns (QV 30 Nov) as we fear the port will be very crowded.

Did you know JO's is up for sale? I found this out whilst trawling the web to find a means to contact the restaurant.

5 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

PORT ROYAL

Yes, we all know Lance was looking to sell.  But the service levels have not, and will not drop.  Who knows, he may decide to stay.  Many friends (Guests) may prove convincing.

Know you'll enjoy our club.  New members are welcomed.  You'll never know who your dining companions wil be.  It may suprise you on the day 😉

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Perky1 said:

Can someone tell me the cost of this for the day pass?  thanks

No such thing as a day pass at JO's, only A la Carte dining.

Just run a Tab for food and drinks.

Everything is cooked fresh to order, cocktails are properly mixed to order, with a good list of Wine and Champagne as their clientele require all of this.

Book your lunch and day well in advance to save disappointment

We just booked using their facebook page and Lance got back right away and confirmed our reservation.  Just a note - this is not a cheap day.  You rent the lounge/beds and food is great but pricey.  I would plan on 80 to 100 per person but I think it is well worth it.

20to 25 minute taxi ride form port.

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

No such thing as a day pass at JO's, only A la Carte dining.

Just run a Tab for food and drinks.

Everything is cooked fresh to order, cocktails are properly mixed to order, with a good list of Wine and Champagne as their clientele require all of this.

Book your lunch and day well in advance to save disappointment

Thanks for the info.