LIVE BLOG! ECLIPSE 11/10 -12/09/18 Med and TA

h20cruzer

15 hours ago, BillandChristy said:

Thanks Jim. Very helpful. How long before the ship is scheduled to leave the foreign port do you have to be at the Supervisor's Desk to get your new Seapass card? We have private tours arranged and need to plan for that.

Bill

It varies by cruise but is usually indicated as just before muster call.   When in Yokohama we were planning a tour to Tokyo on turn around day.    I asked the MCC Concierge and he got approval for me to arrive back 1 hour before sail time as opposed to 2 hours before.  He said I would be required to do a make up session of the safety drill.    Ended up not an issue as we were hit by a typhoon and evacuated from the ship.

Monday Nov 26 Lanzarote

Beautiful weather here today, very short stay, arrived at 1pm left at 8pm. We took the $5.00 roundtrip shuttle to town, looked around and got right back on the shuttle, at least we can say we’ve been here ha ha. Then proceeded to the Sunset bar for a cocktail, views were great!! Met some friends for dinner which was delicious. Turning in early tonight since we have an early tour tomorrow in Gran Canaria.

39F1F09C-E2E8-4116-A961-0FC1FBF9A05F.jpeg

CC5F8EB6-FD4E-4660-AC2D-FE0C25D11682.jpeg

25EB97E8-E202-42E8-94AF-A40E63697146.jpeg

CBDCAA35-3DFA-4286-9C2E-7512A41EDE94.jpeg

EA1352A8-49B5-4A5D-A2C9-4CCAADC6C1AD.jpeg

418E7085-BB1E-4571-8685-ED3BC2855DE1.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It varies by cruise but is usually indicated as just before muster call.   When in Yokohama we were planning a tour to Tokyo on turn around day.    I asked the MCC Concierge and he got approval for me to arrive back 1 hour before sail time as opposed to 2 hours before.  He said I would be required to do a make up session of the safety drill.    Ended up not an issue as we were hit by a typhoon and evacuated from the ship.

Thanks Jim

1 hour ago, h20cruzer said:

Monday Nov 26 Lanzarote

Beautiful weather here today, very short stay, arrived at 1pm left at 8pm. We took the $5.00 roundtrip shuttle to town, looked around and got right back on the shuttle, at least we can say we’ve been here ha ha. Then proceeded to the Sunset bar for a cocktail, views were great!! Met some friends for dinner which was delicious. Turning in early tonight since we have an early tour tomorrow in Gran Canaria.

39F1F09C-E2E8-4116-A961-0FC1FBF9A05F.jpeg

CC5F8EB6-FD4E-4660-AC2D-FE0C25D11682.jpeg

25EB97E8-E202-42E8-94AF-A40E63697146.jpeg

CBDCAA35-3DFA-4286-9C2E-7512A41EDE94.jpeg

EA1352A8-49B5-4A5D-A2C9-4CCAADC6C1AD.jpeg

418E7085-BB1E-4571-8685-ED3BC2855DE1.jpeg

Thanks for the words and photos.  We board in Buenos Aries. What is the tall chocolaty libation?

Yesterday Las Palmas Tuesday Nov 27

To make a long story short took a tour that was supposed to be a small group tour 15-18, bus held 46 people. We paid extra for a smaller group. Many with mobility issues not wanting to climb on a big bus. Most expressed there concerns about what they purchased is not what they got. They has the same tour for less money on a big bus. 

Today  we received an apology on voice mail and crediting $13.00 to our shipboard. Glad Celebrity responded quickly. 2 photo stops and ten about an hour for shopping or stopping for a snack, scenery was beautiful. Pics to follow

Norma

Today Nov 28 at sea, again at sea next 6 days.

Beautiful, beautiful day today blue sky sunny, could not ask for better weather.

Attended two shows today first was at 2:30pm a Tango show, was very very good.

Had dinner in Blu and ten ontomthe early show.

Second  show was  Rietta Anne Austin, one of the best shows I’ve seen on any ship.

she will be doing another show later in the cruise, can’t wait to see it.

No plans yet for tomorrow.

Norma

1 hour ago, h20cruzer said:

Yesterday Las Palmas Tuesday Nov 27

To make a long story short took a tour that was supposed to be a small group tour 15-18, bus held 46 people. We paid extra for a smaller group. Many with mobility issues not wanting to climb on a big bus. Most expressed there concerns about what they purchased is not what they got. They has the same tour for less money on a big bus. 

Today  we received an apology on voice mail and crediting $13.00 to our shipboard. Glad Celebrity responded quickly. 2 photo stops and ten about an hour for shopping or stopping for a snack, scenery was beautiful. Pics to follow

Norma

Sounds like a small group tour we paid extra for in Naples last year.  It's good that you contacted them on the ship.  It was our last day so I wrote to Celebrity after the cruise.  I got a nice phone call with an apology, but nothing else.  So, you're 13.00 ahead of me.

Second day at sea still nice weather.

Sitting in Cafe Al Bacio on my second latte. Someone had asked me to post pics of the craft beers. They are located in the Passpirt bar deck 3. There was only one page in the menu book do tried to get a couple of pictures of the coolers, hope this helps.

Norma

Friday Nov 30, 81 degrees at sea......

yesterday was another lazy day. One to many lattes at Cafe Al Bacio, such a crime:):):)

Went to the 7pm show Amade, not to my liking, and left after 40 minutes. Not saying it wasn’t good, just not my cup of tea.

Sat on the balcony and enjoyed the ocean passing by. Weather is lovely blue sky’s and around 80 degrees. Met friends for dinner in Blu, conversation was great food, so so, seems to be a slight issue with food not coming out hot. We were having such a good time didn’t bother to replace food, but spoke to the restaurant manager this morning.

There is a magic show at 2:30pm today, I think I will pass and opt for a nap.

I have Checked out the stores, pretty much the same items as other cruises, nothing calling my name so I have saved a few bucks.

I did book another cruise, very happy about that. Still have not booked on the Edge, just too pricy for me as a solo traveler.

Dec 1, Saturday at sea...

RIP President Bush

Today we cross the Equator. There will be a big party at the pool today as we cross, also KISS THE FISH.

The show last night was excellent, but at the moment can’t remember the guys name, I would see him again.

Managed to get a picture of my main course last night, halibut, it was more than excellent, cooked perfectly!!!!!

yesterday we ordered room service for lunch and dined on the balcony, it’s like being in heaven. 

Everything continues to be excellent, crew top notch, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Norma

Sunday December 2, at sea again:):):) same calm seas, sunny and warm weather.

We didn’t attend any shows yesterday, just lazed around again. 

Stopped at the Martini Bar before dinner, all dressed to the nine’s.

Dinner in Blu was excellent wedge salad, filet cooked perfectly. Stopped at Cafe Al Bacio for a nightcap.

Norma

Edited by h20cruzer

Monday December 3, 6th day at sea, still calm seas, sunny and warm...

One  day just kind of runs into another. Pool is pack with sunbathers and chair hogs.

Rietta Austin performed again at 2:30pm yesterday, what can I say she knocked my socks off again. I can say this without doubt she is the best entertainer I have ever seen on any ship. She was followed last night my Mark O’Malley at 7 and 9Pm. He was excellent I would certainly see him again as well. The other singer I saw a few nights ago,is performing today at 2:30pm names is Ben Mills.

we dined in Blu again, I had prime rib, excelllent as usual, only managed to get a pic of dessert, looked good but I didn’t really care for it.

Spent some time at the Martini Bar yesterday afternoon, we had a great time!!!!!

stopped by the Sunset bar after lunch and enjoyed the live music.

Norma