Celebrity Air Lax-Ams

Devo1459

2 hours ago, Devo1459 said:

I found $1,060.00 round trip, non stop Lax to Amsterdam.  This is thru Celebrity Air saving about $100 a person instead of the KLM website. June of 2019.

Good price?

I think I would be happy for $1060 or $1160 on a roundtrip during the height of the European travel season. I personally would probably pay the extra $100 to not have a middle man between me and KLM (that is, the cruise line), but to each their own.

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I think I would be happy for $1060 or $1160 on a roundtrip during the height of the European travel season. I personally would probably pay the extra $100 to not have a middle man between me and KLM (that is, the cruise line), but to each their own.

+1.  If there's any IRROPS, you're at the back of the queue, and if there are any weather waivers (albeit very unlikely at either end), you can use it booking direct with the airline while you will most likely not be able to with the cruiseco air (some fellow pax flying around Sandy found this out).

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, nini said:

We paid $796.00 for economy SeaTac to Rome. I booked it last June and we flew in October - through Choice Air (Celebrity). October is still considered in season  in Italy.

? The OP is asking about LAX-AMS...

fbgd-

Yes, I realize what the OP is asking. I felt that this was a similar

comparison because we also flew economy via Celebrity/ Choice Air from

the west coast to Europe, even though AMS is closer than Rome.

That is why I offered the post.

18 minutes ago, nini said:

fbgd-

Yes, I realize what the OP is asking. I felt that this was a similar

comparison because we also flew economy via Celebrity/ Choice Air from

the west coast to Europe, even though AMS is closer than Rome.

That is why I offered the post.

They are completely different markets. Airfares are not dictated by distance but by demand.

For a while British Airways flew from London to Oakland, San Francisco and San Jose, yet the pricing was very different for all three because of the markets in each local area. (They've since dropped Oakland) 

2 hours ago, nini said:

I felt that this was a similar comparison because we also flew economy via Celebrity/ Choice Air from the west coast to Europe, even though AMS is closer than Rome.

2 hours ago, fbgd said:

They are completely different markets. Airfares are not dictated by distance but by demand.

Indeed. I frequently make use of fares from Amsterdam to Johannesburg. This is almost exactly the same distance as London to Johannesburg, but the Amsterdam-Johannesburg fares I pay are about one-third of the London-Johannesburg fares that I would pay if I were prepared to buy them, which I am not.

This is why Seattle-Rome fares bear as much relationship to Los Angeles-Amsterdam fares as apples do to oranges; yes, they are both fruits, but that's about it.

49 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Indeed. I frequently make use of fares from Amsterdam to Johannesburg. This is almost exactly the same distance as London to Johannesburg, but the Amsterdam-Johannesburg fares I pay are about one-third of the London-Johannesburg fares that I would pay if I were prepared to buy them, which I am not.

This is why Seattle-Rome fares bear as much relationship to Los Angeles-Amsterdam fares as apples do to oranges; yes, they are both fruits, but that's about it.

Lemme guess.  You want to fly BA which charges a significant premium for LHR-JNB non-stops while the AMS-LHR-JNB is a lot cheaper (and less than KL's AMS-JNB fare for the comparable cabin?)

A major point not already mentioned is that non-stop flights are usually sold at a higher fare than connecting flights.  SEA-FCO, because there are no non-stop flights, will usually be less than the OP's LAX-AMS non-stop.