Deck 12-14 layout and access on Adverture of the Seas?

Tonight we booked an Oceanview Panoramic Suite on Deck 12 (all the way forward) on the Adventure of the Seas. It is such a unique cabin, we really are looking forward to it 🙂 

I am wondering about the access between deck 12 and the Suite’s Lounge on Deck 14 (also forward). Our cabin sits behind the spa if you are looking toward the front of the ships, in line with the bridge. When I look at deck diagrams, it is difficult to figure it out. That is, there seems to be a small portion of deck between the two (hard to know how accessible that is). My hope is that there are stairs nearby that go 2 flights directly to 14 and the suites’ lounge   - does anyone know? It would also be great if the decking above our cabin is private or at least quiet since we won’t for the first time have a balcony.  It is also hard to figure out what exactly is over us?! just can’t locate photos or videos that help me with these questions 🙄

Lynn 😎

4 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

Tonight we booked an Oceanview Panoramic Suite on Deck 12 (all the way forward) on the Adventure of the Seas. It is such a unique cabin, we really are looking forward to it 🙂 

I am wondering about the access between deck 12 and the Suite’s Lounge on Deck 14 (also forward). Our cabin sits behind the spa if you are looking toward the front of the ships, in line with the bridge. When I look at deck diagrams, it is difficult to figure it out. That is, there seems to be a small portion of deck between the two (hard to know how accessible that is). My hope is that there are stairs nearby that go 2 flights directly to 14 and the suites’ lounge   - does anyone know? It would also be great if the decking above our cabin is private or at least quiet since we won’t for the first time have a balcony.  It is also hard to figure out what exactly is over us?! just can’t locate photos or videos that help me with these questions 🙄

Lynn 😎

You can walk aft on deck 12 to the midship stairs/elevators to get to deck 14.   If you want to use the elevators,  you must use the port side elevators to get to deck 14.

@Host Clarea why am I not surprised that you knew? I swear you are a cruise encyclopedia! Thanks so much for that information - we would prefer the stairs (partly since waiting on an elevator is time we don’t want to waste for 2 flights), it is just difficult to see if those stairs nearest our cabin go through that deck, to it, or what exactly. Do you know what is on that small deck by chance? 

I have been trying to research the ship and realize there is no Coastal Kitchen on this ship - but to be very honest, we were very disappointed with both the service (nice enough staff, but slow....) and the food there on the Allure. While more than a few people reacted to the very idea of the main dining room with an upturned nose (maybe experience, more likely something less objective), in the end we found better service and food there and came to regret we had spent so many meals at the Coastal Kitchen. We are looking forwarding to seeing how this suite experience compares to the Allure. Thanks!

19 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

@Host Clarea why am I not surprised that you knew? I swear you are a cruise encyclopedia! Thanks so much for that information - we would prefer the stairs (partly since waiting on an elevator is time we don’t want to waste for 2 flights), it is just difficult to see if those stairs nearest our cabin go through that deck, to it, or what exactly. Do you know what is on that small deck by chance? ...

Deck 13 forward is a sun deck.  There is no connection between that deck and the aft part of the ship.  Deck 12 is the highest deck that that you can use to walk between the forward and aft parts of the ship.

OP - I think you might be confused with the deck plans. The suite lounge IS NOT forward, it is basically in the center of the ship. Your cabin is in front of the pools, the suite lounge is behind them. In order to get to the suite lounge from your cabin, you will need to walk on deck 12 (or one of the lower decks) from the front of the ship to the middle section. From there, you can take the elevator or stairs to deck 14 where the suite lounge is located.

@hostclarea yes, that is what it looked like on the deck plans, but the lack of stairs was confusing. I had understood that 12 went fully across, but it was the deck 13 “deck” section that was confusing.  In examining it closely, it appears likely to us that portion on 13 had a cut out section where the stairs may go directly to 14?  The charts are certainly not clear, but since it shows that 13 partial deck as having no stairs there aren’t many options unless it’s wrong. There are no photos/videos that I could locate showing these distinct sections (and the 360 photos on CC all show a fatal error checking those last night) and how they connect, but I think I have a bit better idea now. ☀️

@cruiseguy1016  hi, thanks for your help. When I say the next thing there is no snarkiness whatsoever ... if I am misunderstanding the location it is completely based on the deck plans for the ship. 😑  It shows a short deck over us (called a deck, it seems to have possible a cut out middle portion however) and then directly above that a small section of ship that has several lounges, including the suites lounge.  It actually shows the suites lounge being above us and, if looking forward, slightly behind us to the left (sorry, not ship lingo LOL). It shows the lounge as being forward, relatively, as we are. In the middle are the “adult” pools and kids pools (again, relative middle). Are the deck plans at RCL wrong or is this one of the changes in some way from the recent dry dock?  

I did a quick and dirty photo comparison of the way that Royal Caribbean shows these decks. Hopefully it will be clear what I am seeing things the way I am. It seems from these that the suites lounge is over the same section of the forward ship as our suite. @cruiseguy1016 has this been changed?

15F20555-895B-4F9E-919D-BD6206C452E4.jpeg

Edited by 2Beeze

40 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

@cruiseguy1016  hi, thanks for your help. When I say the next thing there is no snarkiness whatsoever ... if I am misunderstanding the location it is completely based on the deck plans for the ship. 😑  It shows a short deck over us (called a deck, it seems to have possible a cut out middle portion however) and then directly above that a small section of ship that has several lounges, including the suites lounge.  It actually shows the suites lounge being above us and, if looking forward, slightly behind us to the left (sorry, not ship lingo LOL). It shows the lounge as being forward, relatively, as we are. In the middle are the “adult” pools and kids pools (again, relative middle). Are the deck plans at RCL wrong or is this one of the changes in some way from the recent dry dock?  

No snarkiness detected. I can understand your confusion. You might be confused because of the shape of deck 12 and deck 14. Although the drawings of those decks are roughly the same shape, they are not located in the same area of the ship. Let me try to explain it better. Are you using RCI's web site to look at the plans? If not, go to RCI's web site. Look at the deck plans again. When you pull up the individual decks you will see a drawing of the ship on the right. The deck you are looking at will be highlighted in yellow. When you look at deck 14, you will see that it is located in the middle of the ship, not above your cabin. As Bob mentioned, there is a sun deck on deck 13 above you. There is no deck 14 above you. No snarkiness intended here either but, I have been on this ship multiple times so I am aware of it's layout. All of those lounges you see are in the middle of the ship. Hope this helps you to better understand.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

No snarkiness detected. I can understand your confusion. You might be confused because of the shape of deck 12 and deck 14. Although the drawings of those decks are roughly the same shape, they are not located in the same area of the ship. Let me try to explain it better. Are you using RCI's web site to look at the plans? If not, go to RCI's web site. Look at the deck plans again. When you pull up the individual decks you will see a drawing of the ship on the right. The deck you are looking at will be highlighted in yellow. When you look at deck 14, you will see that it is located in the middle of the ship, not above your cabin. As Bob mentioned, there is a sun deck on deck 13 above you. There is no deck 14 above you. No snarkiness intended here either but, I have been on this ship multiple times so I am aware of it's layout. All of those lounges you see are in the middle of the ship. Hope this helps you to better understand.

I’ve looked at every site I could find, but they are all basically the same bad deck plans. That is why I had asked here from those who had been aboard ... it was clear there was some error or something missing. I have looked high and low for images to help without a great deal of success. I am having trouble grasping how the suites lounge is in the “Middle” when it’s on deck 14 snd deck 14 does not cross the ship? I know you see it in your head how it is, but in mine that is rather murky 😂  I am disappointed though because I had thought the suites lounge and was going to be very close by... now it seems further than I imagined (on the Allure last month we spent far too much time going from the 10th floor to the restaurant and lounge up top... we hoped to avoid the waste of that kind of time this trip.  Thanks again for your help 😊

Lynn

P.S. Ok, I found a profile view at another site that color codes - so it shows there the deck 14 basically being aft and a portion almost hanging out over Decks 13 and extending almost mid ship. Which makes zero sense based on the deck plans since it shows Ir clearly forward on all I have seen (but makes sense from your explanation). Kind of a bummer, but I will live. Thanks again, hope to run across you one day onboard. 😁☀️

Edited by 2Beeze

49 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I’ve looked at every site I could find, but they are all basically the same bad deck plans. That is why I had asked here from those who had been aboard ... it was clear there was some error or something missing. I have looked high and low for images to help without a great deal of success. I am having trouble grasping how the suites lounge is in the “Middle” when it’s on deck 14 snd deck 14 does not cross the ship? I know you see it in your head how it is, but in mine that is rather murky 😂  I am disappointed though because I had thought the suites lounge and was going to be very close by... now it seems further than I imagined (on the Allure last month we spent far too much time going from the 10th floor to the restaurant and lounge up top... we hoped to avoid the waste of that kind of time this trip.  Thanks again for your help 😊

Lynn

Decks 13, 14 and 15 do not run the length of the ship. Deck 13 has the sun deck up front and the sports area (mini golf, flow rider etc.) at the back. The open area in between is just that, open. My guess is it's like that so a lot of sun can get to the pool deck which is deck 11. Decks 14 and 15 are only in the (more or less) center of the ship. There are no 14th and 15th decks fore or aft. So, the bottom line is, when you want to go from your cabin to the suite lounge, you'll have to walk deck 12 or lower until you get to the center set of elevators. From there, you need to take the elevators on the port (left) side of the ship as they are they only ones that go to decks 14 and 15.

@cruiseguy1016  I realized 13-15 don’t run the full length 😊. But the way the deck charts looked is that the half part of 14 was forward even though I know now that is not the case.  In trying to explain, I apparently inadvertently gave you the idea that I still was not understanding when I really was. I do understand despite the very misleading charts - it’s simply different than we believed when we booked it.  Appreciate your help 👍🏼

@Merion_Mom  now that’s a great visual! I guess without having been on this ship the deck charts would never make sense (without good profile charts and some luck!). But I appreciate people helping. 😊  I was just hoping to avoid the constant wait on elevators we endured with the allure ( this walk should still be a far better thing, at least walking is possible, it’s just not quite as ideal as I had hoped 😎

Lynn 🇺🇸 Happy Birthday USMC!!!!!

This photo may also help with the visuals.

We have sailed on Adventure many times since 2010. We went on her in August this year, first time since the massive drydock where they added cabins on what was the open jogging track on deck 12 forward.

The new Suite lounge is on deck 14 aft. There are only two banks of lifts on the ship for guests , you will just have to remember your cabin is at the forward lifts and the Suite lounge is accessed from the port side aft lifts.

In the photo the new cabins are circled in green and the Suite lounge is circled in red. To get from one to the other without going outside you can walk the cabin deck on 10 or walk along the Royal Promenade on deck 5.

Above the new cabins on deck 12 forward is a vast open sundeck, think sunloungers, people . 

Have a wonderful cruise.

FCCE434C-AA6A-4FE6-9B20-83562A9468E1.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

@heatherb1958 what would I do without the (usually) fabulous CC crew?! It makes so much difference when you have already been onboard a ship and this one is new to us. We are at the very front in a panoramic suite, but we can just stroll down to the aft and zip up the stairs (with all that food, I need to hit that track once a day anyway and unless I’m in super high heels I need to hoof it up those stairs! My DH has loved the balconies since his first cruise - I found him every morning with his headphones on with his iPhone sitting and watching the water go by.  A big pull of the OS on the Allure last month was was the huge balcony (although we did love that room in general). When I saw your photo I laughed, leaned over to show my husband and pointed to photo said “look honey, your newest balcony is humongous!” 🤣😂. He just grinned. Most spoiled Marine ever 🇺🇸👍🏼😊

Lynn ☀️

• Like 1