Reservation for Pinnacle Grill with Explore 4

Lchaney

Just recently booked a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam with the Explore 4 package.  Can I make reservation for Pinnacle Grill now or do I have to wait till on the ship to be able to use the Explore 4 credit?  How fast do the reservations fill up?  Thank you

When you get to your cabin, there should be a card there indicating the time and date of your free Pinnacle dinner.

If you don't like it, you can go and see the Pinnacle maitre'd and try to change it to a time and day you want.  Depending on how many reservations they have depends on if they will be able to change it for you.

Now -- if you don't mind spending the money now, you can pre book the day and time you want before the cruise.  Then once you are on the ship you can go and talk to the Pinnacle maitre'd and explain that you want to change your free dinner to the one you pre booked and ask for shipboard credit for the one you have paid for.

3 hours ago, SeaBands said:

the reservation in your cabin will most likely be for 5:30.

Are you sure about this? We've never had a 5:30 pre-book. We have had Pinnacle Grill comp'd meals with both American Express Platinum and Explore 4 and they've never been at 5:30. (I'm talking 15 years or so.) 

We always pay for our desired time slot in advance, but we have never been assigned a 5:30 slot. It could be because we're always on late, fixed in the MDR. (Although I like to credit our "Bubble of Awesome.)

Looking back, we've been assigned some 6:30s and some 8:30 slots, but never the elusive 5:30.

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Are you sure about this? We've never had a 5:30 pre-book. We have had Pinnacle Grill comp'd meals with both American Express Platinum and Explore 4 and they've never been at 5:30. (I'm talking 15 years or so.) 

We always pay for our desired time slot in advance, but we have never been assigned a 5:30 slot. It could be because we're always on late, fixed in the MDR. (Although I like to credit our "Bubble of Awesome.)

Looking back, we've been assigned some 6:30s and some 8:30 slots, but never the elusive 5:30.

I agree with POA1. Our Explore 4 Pinnacle reservation was at 7:30 (we did not prebook to select a slot).

Last spring, we had prebooked the Pinnacle Grill for 7:00 on a specific date, and the Explore 4 PG reservation was booked on the same date at 5:30 PM. We were also booked for late, fixed in the MDR.  We happened to be in a Neptune on that cruise and the concierge  was able to change it, thank goodness. I don't think the computer system cross-checks dinner reservations..

You two (momatibm and POA1) were lucky.

I think the comped PG reservation time slots are a crap shoot. We were friendly with the gentleman who was tasked with entering them when we were on a back to back a few years ago. He was just working off a list, filling in around the prepaid reservations. When there are a lot of Explore 4 PG dinners, there's no way to fit everyone in at 5:30.  That being said, we always prepay for our desired time slots. We have not had an issue swapping out a paid for a comped meal. I'm hoping the streak continues next month.