Bermuda+drone = CREEP

Penguin11

2 hours ago, SRF said:

They were IN the room.

The drone was looking through the window.

Just like at home. If your window shades are open, there is no expectation of privacy from a view of the sidewalk or street. 

Want privacy? Close the shades! 

33 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Just like at home. If your window shades are open, there is no expectation of privacy from a view of the sidewalk or street. 

Want privacy? Close the shades! 

In many jurisdictions there are laws against taking photographs of the inside of homes thru a window. Does not matter if the shades are open. It is considered an invasion of privacy.

There is an expectation of privacy from peeping toms. If you peep in our windows, shades in whatever position,  a prompt call will be made to 911, and if you have not run off you will be arrested. 

I will also call 911 if I see a drone in my neighborhood flying overhead.  I live in a no drone zone. 

Edited by Charles4515

32 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

In many jurisdictions there are laws against taking photographs of the inside of homes thru a window. Does not matter if the shades are open. It is considered an invasion of privacy.

There is an expectation of privacy from peeping toms. If you peep in our windows, shades in whatever position,  a prompt call will be made to 911, and if you have not run off you will be arrested. 

I will also call 911 if I see a drone in my neighborhood flying overhead.  I live in a no drone zone. 

Did you read my post for comprehension... or just start tapping away at the keyboard? I said from sidewalk or street.  Nothing about a peeping tom... good grief! 

If your windows are open, and I walk or drive by on a street - and see in... this is YOUR problem... not mine! Close your shades of you want total privacy. 

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

Did you read my post for comprehension... or just start tapping away at the keyboard? I said from sidewalk or street.  Nothing about a peeping tom... good grief! 

If your windows are open, and I walk or drive by on a street - and see in... this is YOUR problem... not mine! Close your shades of you want total privacy. 

It does not matter if you are on a sidewalk or street. You can't peep in. If you walk by and happen to see something that is not peeping in.  If you are flying a drone and peeping into a room that is a violation of privacy whether the shades or curtains are open or not. 

Not on a cruise ship, but we were just staying at Airlie Beach in Australia. We were sitting on our balcony and heard a buzzing and then saw this in front of us.  Hovered for about 30 seconds before taking off.  If it would’ve flown by, it wouldn’t have bothered me at all, but having at hovering in front of us, even though we were just sitting on the balcony, really was creepy. I feel for you, OP!

0987CC38-6BD7-40E4-BB66-5B51F6C1F219.jpeg

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It does not matter if you are on a sidewalk or street. You can't peep in. If you walk by and happen to see something that is not peeping in.  If you are flying a drone and peeping into a room that is a violation of privacy whether the shades or curtains are open or not. 

What exactly do you consider "peeping in"?  What if you walk by and look for 1 second?   5 seconds?  What's the threshold?  Or does it have to be a drone to be considered "peeping in"? 

I understand that drones may be illegal where you are, but where is it a "violation of privacy" for a drone to look in at all?  Or is it just your opinion that it should be a violation of privacy?

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I can legally stand on the sidewalk and look directly into your home. That is not illegal. Yeah if someone does this, they are creepy, but it is not illegal. 

Anyway, my original comment stands.. there is NO expectation of privacy on a cruise ship balcony!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1