Bugs & glitches all fixed?

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

08.00 Friday 16th November

Another glitch to report!

I just quoted a post, except the quote didn’t appear, only the person’s name. 

If it keeps happening to you, you should e-mail CC to report the problem. help@cruisecritic.com. They are not following this forum watching for reports of problems (too time consuming when there is so much else to be done).

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

If it keeps happening to you, you should e-mail CC to report the problem. help@cruisecritic.com. They are not following this forum watching for reports of problems (too time consuming when there is so much else to be done).

E mail sent. Thanks.

To respond to some questions -

Re:  Removal of Bug Forum.  The true reason we opened that forum to start was so that my tech team could just glance in there to address any bugs.  Almost immediately it became apparent it would not be that simple for them. Bugs were being reported in the bug forum and in the help forum.  In addition, help questions were being posted in both forums.  And the icing on the cake is opinions/feedback of the product itself, features we miss having, new ideas for features etc were also being posted in the bugs and help forums.   It was difficult to manage while also finding and making sure that the bugs were being addressed.  Now that we are a month in and the primary switch over is complete there should be fewer bugs than when we first reopened so there really shouldn't be a need for a whole forum on bugs.

As in the past, prior to the new platform, the best way to report any bugs would be to send us an email.  The help forum is not generally scoured by staff as it is more geared for member to member help on how to use the features.   I do peruse as much as time permits, however.

We had a HUGE backlog of email -  mainly due to issues of log in troubles.  I'm pleased to say we are mostly caught up so any bugs emailed will get a better response time than you may have received in weeks past.

Lastly, I did just update my pinned post with what is being worked on/what is done etc.  Eventually that too will go away (fingers crossed) as there should be no more things to work on 🙂  My holiday wish.

Happy Friday 

20 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Lastly, I did just update my pinned post with what is being worked on/what is done etc.  Eventually that too will go away (fingers crossed) as there should be no more things to work on 🙂  My holiday wish.

Is this the pinned post?

28 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

To respond to some questions -

Re:  Removal of Bug Forum.  The true reason we opened that forum to start was so that my tech team could just glance in there to address any bugs.  Almost immediately it became apparent it would not be that simple for them. Bugs were being reported in the bug forum and in the help forum.  In addition, help questions were being posted in both forums.  And the icing on the cake is opinions/feedback of the product itself, features we miss having, new ideas for features etc were also being posted in the bugs and help forums.   It was difficult to manage while also finding and making sure that the bugs were being addressed.  Now that we are a month in and the primary switch over is complete there should be fewer bugs than when we first reopened so there really shouldn't be a need for a whole forum on bugs.

As in the past, prior to the new platform, the best way to report any bugs would be to send us an email.  The help forum is not generally scoured by staff as it is more geared for member to member help on how to use the features.   I do peruse as much as time permits, however.

We had a HUGE backlog of email -  mainly due to issues of log in troubles.  I'm pleased to say we are mostly caught up so any bugs emailed will get a better response time than you may have received in weeks past.

Happy Friday 

Jenn, thanks for the "personal" update and wishing you a relaxing Thanksgiving.