Use your Amex Platinum

jpcdds6

If you are going to book, or have booked, an NCL cruise using an American Express Platinum card, make sure you ask NCL to submit the codes to get additional OBC and a free dinner for two at Le Bistro. We are in a suite on the Jade in February and got an additional $300 OBC on top of what NCL, and my TA, was giving. My kids got another $100 for their inside cabins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fourofakind said:

So confused, what offer is this? I just checked my Amex offers and didn't see anything. I have an Amex platinum business card.

I just happened to google American Express Platinum Cruise Offers and there it was. It lists the participating lines. Click on the NCL logo. Or call Amex.

Ah bummer I don't think I qualify for this. I just looked it up it looks like you have to book with Amex Travel or one of their authorized travel agencies to get the credit. I book with CAS so I doubt I can get . O well. But thank you for putting it out there hopefully others can snagged this deal!!!

• Like 1

Been using this program for many years booking direct with NCL and with several different TA's :classic_smile: 

I have never booked the AMEX and always get the credit and Le Bistro added!

Here is a link to the program:

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/promos/amex/shopping/cruise_privileges_program.jsp?cobrand=15558&webpagerecno=2357

Edited by jvsnana

34 minutes ago, jvsnana said:

Been using this program for many years booking direct with NCL and with several different TA's :classic_smile: 

I have never booked the AMEX and always get the credit and Le Bistro added!

Here is a link to the program:

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/promos/amex/shopping/cruise_privileges_program.jsp?cobrand=15558&webpagerecno=2357

That's the program. Worked for me, and I booked with my TA. Great deal.

4 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

This is an ongoing annual promo - I believe the main requirement to get the perks is "Wait for It":

Total Payment for the cruise must be with the American Express Card !  and no others.

This is not the case.  I NEVER pay for my cruise with my AMEX Platinum and my TA always gets the benefits for me.

5 minutes ago, EMBFlyer said:

This is not the case.  I NEVER pay for my cruise with my AMEX Platinum and my TA always gets the benefits for me.

If one can get the perks just by using the Amex Plat card via some other TA, we'd rather think about getting the Amex Plat perks AND the TA perks.

However, for high-priced cruises, we'd get far more value from our AAdvantage CitiCard points, and we use those far more than the Amex Rewards.

FIguring some of this out can lead to the "best" use of *all* types of perks.

GC

57 minutes ago, EMBFlyer said:

These perks were in addition to the perks NCL and my TA were offering. I don’t understand how you can get the perks offered by Amex platinum by not using the card.

1 minute ago, jpcdds6 said:

These perks were in addition to the perks NCL and my TA were offering. I don’t understand how you can get the perks offered by Amex platinum by not using the card.

Because I'm a member.  I give her the card number and she calls the AMEX people to verify that I'm a member and to send the perks onto NCL.  I have no idea how the magic works, I just know she can make it happen.  She's awesome. This is my second NCL cruise coming up.  Last year on the Escape, we had the extra $300 OBC, dinner for 2 at Le Bistro (in addition to the SDP) and an additional bottle of sparkling wine in the suite.

Already, I'm showing another dinner for 2 at Le Bistro (in addition to the SDP) and an extra $300 OBC.  I'm assuming the wine will show up and we'll place it with "the others".

1 hour ago, EMBFlyer said:

Because I'm a member.  I give her the card number and she calls the AMEX people to verify that I'm a member and to send the perks onto NCL.  I have no idea how the magic works, I just know she can make it happen.  She's awesome. This is my second NCL cruise coming up.  Last year on the Escape, we had the extra $300 OBC, dinner for 2 at Le Bistro (in addition to the SDP) and an additional bottle of sparkling wine in the suite.

Already, I'm showing another dinner for 2 at Le Bistro (in addition to the SDP) and an extra $300 OBC.  I'm assuming the wine will show up and we'll place it with "the others".

You do not have to pay with your amex platinum card however you are supposed to pay for it with an amex card in the platinum cardmembers name. 

1 minute ago, emm126 said:

You do not have to pay with your amex platinum card however you are supposed to pay for it with an amex card in the platinum cardmembers name. 

I always use my platinum card for my travel expenses. The added OBC and other perks was a nice bonus.

We are taking advantage of this promotion on an upcoming cruise on the Jewel. We have already received the $100 credit (inside cabin) in our account and as I understand it, the vouchers for Le Bistro will be waiting in our cabin upon arrival? Is that still how it works? 

Also, now that Le Bistro has moved to a'la carte pricing, what constitutes a "free dinner" anyway? Is it a set dollar amount or something like one appetizer, one entree, and one desert per person?

59 minutes ago, rsachek said:

We are taking advantage of this promotion on an upcoming cruise on the Jewel. We have already received the $100 credit (inside cabin) in our account and as I understand it, the vouchers for Le Bistro will be waiting in our cabin upon arrival? Is that still how it works? 

Also, now that Le Bistro has moved to a'la carte pricing, what constitutes a "free dinner" anyway? Is it a set dollar amount or something like one appetizer, one entree, and one desert per person?

One app, entree, and dessert. Sometimes the server will let the one app rule slide.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

We have an Amex platinum business card which is free.  Does this count for the above benefits?

The current annual fee for the Business Platinum Card is $450 annually so I would be pretty shocked if you're getting it for free? Perhaps you have it confused with another card?

9 minutes ago, jpcdds6 said:

One app, entree, and dessert. Sometimes the server will let the one app rule slide.

Thanks for the info!

I have a Cruise coming up in March. I had booked directly with NCL made the initial payment with my Platinum Card several months ago.

When I saw this thread I called Amex to see if I could take advantage of the offer. After speaking with several of their reps, they brought a NCL rep on the call. The bottom line was that I could not get this deal unless I booked with Amex Cruises and I could not transfer the booking to them because it was too late to do so.

I would like to know how others got this without booking through the Amex Cruise site.

51 minutes ago, cjbx said:

I have a Cruise coming up in March. I had booked directly with NCL made the initial payment with my Platinum Card several months ago.

When I saw this thread I called Amex to see if I could take advantage of the offer. After speaking with several of their reps, they brought a NCL rep on the call. The bottom line was that I could not get this deal unless I booked with Amex Cruises and I could not transfer the booking to them because it was too late to do so.

I would like to know how others got this without booking through the Amex Cruise site.

All I can say is keep trying. Sometimes with NCL it all depends on who you get on the phone.

3 hours ago, cjbx said:

Call NCL directly and tell them you want to add the "AMEX Cruise Privileges Program" to your reservation.

6 hours ago, rsachek said:

Sometimes there is a voucher waiting and sometimes not :classic_unsure:

I always print out my NCL Amenity conformation and bring it with me to show the Le Bistro Hostess if I do not receive a voucher.

• Like 1