Anyone on Equinox now ?

brockmom

On 11/13/2018 at 10:47 PM, brockmom said:

Just wondering if anyone could please ask when Silk Harvest is changing to 

Le Petite chef .

we are booked for Feb and wondered if it would be changed that quickly.

appreciate it !

Brockmom

We’re on the Equinox now,  I confirmed that Silk Harvest will continue to operate until the dry dock in May

Edited by bigbeergut

It's interesting that I can't see it on my Cruise planner as an option for the Dec 29 Equinox cruise.  I thought maybe that meant it was closed.....But maybe somehow is just fully booked for the entire cruise? 

It was Silk Harvest when we sailed last week. 

I think the change is coming because it's the least popular of the specialty restaurants. The last sea day we twice had people come up to us and offer a 2-for-1 seating just for that restaurant. 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:05 PM, brockmom said:

Awesome ! Thank you for checking 

we have never tried Silk Harvest and was looking forward to it.

hope your enjoying your cruise !

brockmom

😀

Thanks from me, too! Hubby and I are sailing on Equinox in Feb and are looking forward to trying a new to us restaurant.

7 hours ago, GoodScout said:

It was Silk Harvest when we sailed last week. 

I think the change is coming because it's the least popular of the specialty restaurants. The last sea day we twice had people come up to us and offer a 2-for-1 seating just for that restaurant. 

FWIW, my information came from one of the waiters that was selling and taking reservations for all specialty restaurants in front of the Oceanview Café.  According to this waiter it's all about the money (Big Surprise).  According to this waiter they would nee to charge at least $50/pp in order to make a profit and they didn't think that would work with the Silk Harvest concept.  Items such as sea bass and lobster make it very expensive.

5 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

FWIW, my information came from one of the waiters that was selling and taking reservations for all specialty restaurants in front of the Oceanview Café.  According to this waiter it's all about the money (Big Surprise).  According to this waiter they would nee to charge at least $50/pp in order to make a profit and they didn't think that would work with the Silk Harvest concept.  Items such as sea bass and lobster make it very expensive.

This sounds like the local car dealership that says that the service department does not make a profit  but is for the convenience of customers .  

Edited by keesar

19 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

What the heck is Silk Harvest? What kind of cuisine and how much?

Not sure of the cost but Celebrity's website says it's Far East/Asian fare. If you scroll down on this link there's a sample menu (and now I'm hungry!) https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/silk-harvest

DH and I dined there twice in Jan/18, loved it!  Great cuisine if you like Asian infused food.  I am very disappointed to hear they are getting rid of it.  Well worth the money ( although, we used on board credit), never would have tried it if it wasn’t for the on-board credit.  Nice change to the MDR cuisine, but I have no complaints about that either.