Enchanted "Preview" cruise 06/18/2020

Robb471

Was thinking about taking this cruise for our first Europe cruise.  Any concerns about taking a "Preview" cruise?  I am guessing this will be the first official sailing of the new Enchanted.  While that sounds like it maybe a good thing, I would hate for the ship to be not quite ready.  Thoughts?

I booked mine in September.  I want them to get the bugs out and the crew knowing the ship.  You want a vacation and not be a beta tester.

I once did a cruise the 2nd week out of dry dock on a major overhaul, never again. 

framer

Edited by framer

3 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Dixielady,

See you on board

Always wanting to try first time a new ship and thought about Enchanted's 2020 "Preview Cruise" and have never been to the Mediterranean..........so we decided on the July 1st "17-day Grand European Explorer" cruise to take in more port visits along the Med ........paul929207 and Dixielday be seeing ya onboard! 

BTW......looking at itineraries, the Enchanted Princess arrives Southampton on June 29th from the "Preview Cruise" and sails out July 1st on the "10-day Maiden Cruise"/"17-day Grand European Explorer Cruise".........I've seen various reports that state there will be a "Naming Ceremony" for the Enchanted in Southampton! .............maybe June 30th between sailings?

Edited by onefine89

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We will be in London a couple of days before the July 1, 2020 sailing. So I will keep an eye out for any ceremony. Maybe we can get invites.

We'll be doing the same......couple days in London then a couple days in Southampton prior to the cruise.  Will see you on the roll call once it gets going!

19 hours ago, myfuzzy said:

Wierd..............samlau888 seems to be reviewing Royal Princess and activities..........think the system caught "enchanted" when the author was refering to "enchanting" princess cruise in May 2018!

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, onefine89 said:

We'll be doing the same......couple days in London then a couple days in Southampton prior to the cruise.  Will see you on the roll call once it gets going!

I started the Roll  Call - Enchanted Princess - Julu 1, 2020.    

denise

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 11:10 PM, Robb471 said:

Was thinking about taking this cruise for our first Europe cruise.  Any concerns about taking a "Preview" cruise?  I am guessing this will be the first official sailing of the new Enchanted.  While that sounds like it maybe a good thing, I would hate for the ship to be not quite ready.  Thoughts?

We are booked on the Enchanted’s Maiden cruise on July 1, 2020.  We did think twice about it but loved the itinerary. We sailed on the Majestic on her 3rd cruise.  It left a lot to be desired. In fact, the crew wasn’t sure what kind of a ship then were - Asian or European.  There were many empty spaces on some decks so we assumed furniture hadn’t arrived. But, we’ll take a chance on the Enchanted. She looks beautiful. 

3 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I was just looking at the Enchanted preview cruise and it shows the dates as 6/19/20 (not the 18th) to 6/28/20.  I also wonder about possible delays or issues with a preview cruise.  The prices are great, though, so it's tempting. 

It's recently been changed from an 11 day cruise to a 9 day cruise -with different port dates, dropping Bilbao and Le Havre plus starting a day later and ending a day earlier. No doubt there will be some launch/trade stuff going on in Southampton between it's arrival on the Sunday and departure on the maiden on the Wednesday.

Edited by dides