Escape Nov.-Booted Off

lightingafire

19 hours ago, beerman2 said:

And as usual not all the facts were reported /known.

As Paul Harvey used to say " And now the rest of the story".

It makes a lot more sense now. The customer service issue still remains, as it wasn't handled well from the perspective of the OP, but at least there's a reason for the refusal to sell an umbrella.

BTW - if you liked Paul Harvey's "rest of the story", check out Mike Rowe's YouTube series The Way I Heard It

24 minutes ago, fshagan said:

It makes a lot more sense now. The customer service issue still remains, as it wasn't handled well from the perspective of the OP, but at least there's a reason for the refusal to sell an umbrella.

Plus, we don't know how heated it became or if they refused to move from the area set aside for the poker players and either could be why the police was called.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:25 PM, skeeter195 said:

I think I can make some sense of this.  The OP said that they were at the farthest beach.  That beach was actually closed for the day for the poker players on the cruise.  We were one of the first to arrive that morning and were told that everything on the beach(chairs, clam shells, double clam shells and umbrellas) was reserved for the poker party.  So the OP may have been on the "private" beach and therefore there was no "shade" to rent.  The clam shells and umbrellas were not all occupied for the first couple of hours, so that may have been what the OP witnessed.   Either way if the was on the "private" beach it was NCL's fault for allowing him to ever reach a chair in the first place.  

Agree. Saw the same - wondering why there were no signs that this beach was closed, and also why there was no mention anywhere that the umbrellas  (anywhere - not just this section) are not free. We sat under a tree, but I would have been embarrassed if we had sat by an umbrella and then been questioned. There should be some notice that there is a charge for the umbrellas.

On our Breakway sailing a few weeks ago... a passenger was confined to their cabin under guard for 2 days until we reached our first port and kicked off following a "domestic violence" incident.  It was an interior cabin and we knew of people that were instructed to go around the other side of the hallway to get to their cabins.