Captain's Club status for other person in cabin

swoonx

Last cruise I met an adult couple that were on their very first cruise and were Elite members. They were not married, just the girl's parents were Elite. To me that seems to me a lot more illegitimate than bringing a person in your cabin with you while joining your(!) earned benefits.

Without knowing more, it's hard to evaluate.  Here's one possibility:   perhaps, as has been suggested in other threads, the couples "split up" for the purposes of booking only.  If they booked their rooms so that one Elite member was registered in each room, regardless of where they end up sleeping, then the roommates (in the case the daughter and the daughter's husband) would each be invited to all Elite events. 

One person in a household can share the status. So if you don't have a spouse then a family member can . You cannot swap them around either.

If a rep breaks a rule you should not announce it to others to cause a ruckus about. It can cause a  problem for the rep who did it .

I don't feel any outrage about any of the above scenarios. If someone else gets the benefits of a higher level of Captains Club, it takes nothing from me. I don't need to feel exclusive. I'm glad the "undeserving" passenger is as happy as I am. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:11 PM, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

My guess is that elevation to Elite status would be viable only for the one cruise in question. Here's why. The number of nights you have cruised and points you have earned are carefully  tracked by Captain's Club. If you claim Elite status, but have, let's say, no earned cruise points, your actual status will be questioned. 

I wouldn't necessarily say carefully tracked. Logged in this am to discover my email account had been reassigned to my husband and 3 cruises had disappeared and Captains Club status has chnged! I addition one cruise shows one point on the screen and the rep said that converts to 30...so why not show 30...and it should be more than 30 as it wasn't a standard verandah. One of the 3 missing she says appears on her screen as no ship name and 1 point =30. Here's the issue it was a full suite as well as the other two that are completey gone from the system.