18 year old and 17 year olds

sseknichols

We are setting up a multi-family cruise and one room would have an 18 year old and two 17 year olds.  Does anyone know if the age policy of having to have them within 3 rooms of the adults would apply since one of them would be 18? Or does the fact that there would be 17 year olds in the room make it subject to the policy?

When my son and DIL sailed with us, they wanted their 15 and 18 in the cabin right next to theirs. They had to book one of them into the other room, so that it was one child and one adult to each room. Then they just switched rooms. I don’t remember what they did to straighten out the room key situation.

• Like 1

We are booking 4 rooms total and the three teens all be in one of the rooms, all the rest would be  two person adult rooms.  I am having a hard time finding rooms in the area of rooms where we want to be that has a 3 person room within the three room limit of a 2 person room.  The closest I have found is 5 rooms away.  Basically, I was trying to do some leg work on room locations before I book with my PVP, but I didn't know how the age limit would be interpreted if there is an 18 year old in the room.

The 17 year olds have to be no more than three rooms apart from a relative or guardian that is at least 25 years old.  Putting them with the 18 year old won't get rid of the up to three rooms restriction.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer. 
Edited by Tiger0613
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

The 17 year olds have to be no more than three rooms apart from a relative or guardian that is at least 25 years old.  Putting them with the 18 year old won't get rid of the up to three rooms restriction.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer. 

Thanks for sharing! This will be helpful on our family cruise in 2020 for our 50th Anniversary! 

12 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

When my son and DIL sailed with us, they wanted their 15 and 18 in the cabin right next to theirs. They had to book one of them into the other room, so that it was one child and one adult to each room. Then they just switched rooms. I don’t remember what they did to straighten out the room key situation.

We did that and all we did was go to customer service on day 1 and they swapped the keys around so fast my head spun.  Our rooms were next to each other.  

On 11/19/2018 at 11:16 AM, serene56 said:

as long as the parents onboard-- the kids can be booked in a cabin by themselves.  No reason to book an adult with them  (Unless you want to buy the cheers program for ONE adult

Except that not true, according to Carnival's booking rules.

@Tiger0613 quoted the relevant bits.

The 18 year old could be booked anywhere.

But the 17 year olds must be booked within 4 staterooms (3 separating).