Hand held clothes steamer

Prohibited Items:

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard.

Sorry!

I have been using the steam option on board for my tux, sport coats and dresses the last few cruises I have been on.  Upon arrival of my luggage I ask our steward to have them steamed.  They have been back by dinner the next day and at a reasonable charge.  Makes it easier to pack and no worry on bringing the steamer on board.

I switched to using a small spray bottle with water.  It even works on my husband's dress jacket.  Just hanging all our clothing just a teeny bit damp in the closet helps all the wrinkles fall out.  I pack the bottle empty and fill it first thing out of the suitcase.

30 minutes ago, pcur said:

I switched to using a small spray bottle with water.  It even works on my husband's dress jacket.  Just hanging all our clothing just a teeny bit damp in the closet helps all the wrinkles fall out.  I pack the bottle empty and fill it first thing out of the suitcase.

I do this as well. Even for a land vacation (refuse to iron). If there’s a stubborn crease, just spray and hit it with the hair dryer. Comes right out. 

On 11/19/2018 at 7:31 AM, brianandtanya said:

Does anyone know if hand held clothes steamers are allowed? I know that irons are not but considering this just heats up water, I'm thinking these are okay. Thoughts/experiences? Leaving Sunday on HOS. 

I always bring a steamer on every cruise I have been on and it has never been taken away.  I put it into my checked luggage not my carry-on.

5 hours ago, robtulipe said:

We just steam up the shower stall by running the hot water only for several minutes with the door closed, turn water off  and immediately hang the garment in the stall to steam treat it. This works well for us.

I travel weekly for work and this is my method as well.  When I first get into my room. I do exactly as stated above.  Then I just let them chill for a while in the bathroom.  Typically by the next day they are unwrinkled and ready to go.  I would also add.. Just the increase in humidity alone in the Caribbean seems to act as a bit of a natural steamer.

32 minutes ago, cmh said:

I always bring a steamer on every cruise I have been on and it has never been taken away.  I put it into my checked luggage not my carry-on.

Quite honestly, you have just been lucky; someone missed on X-ray. Also, if cabin steward sees they may report to a supervisor and it will be confiscated. Some stewards may ignore but others will not.