Royal Mug Something Wrong.

B-Rizzle

I loved my mug so so much until it began to smell very very badly. My friend got it for me with red and yellow swirls. I didn't leave it in any kind of liquid overnight even. I simply washed it in hot soapy water each time after I used it. I'd like to return it but I don't know where she got it. I've tried to give it time and left it in open air. It smells so badly that I can't use it. Please advise me on how to let them know. Thank you very much!

I had a situation in 2015 regarding an aluminum water bottle (from the onboard gift shop) and some of the paint coating on the mouthpiece was chipping off. Yea, I stopped using that water bottle after only a couple of days. So gross. 

I emailed customer service, since I was already back home. They offered to refund if I returned the item, but I would have to pay the shipping.

I gave up since I wasn’t going to pay return shipping on a $13 item, just to get a small refund back. 

My advice - don’t bother returning it. 

Edited by MLBFan24

Was it the free mug given with soda packages? They are often sold on eBay. While not intended for long term use, many people report having them for years. Okay, my suggestion:  stuff it with newspaper and let sit for a few days. This always removes food odors from plastic storage containers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

I loved my mug so so much until it began to smell very very badly. My friend got it for me with red and yellow swirls. I didn't leave it in any kind of liquid overnight even. I simply washed it in hot soapy water each time after I used it. I'd like to return it but I don't know where she got it. I've tried to give it time and left it in open air. It smells so badly that I can't use it. Please advise me on how to let them know. Thank you very much!

Ask her. :classic_rolleyes: Or better yet just throw the thing away. 

Mix up a solution of baking soda and warm water.  As much baking soda as will dissolve (extra is OK).

Fill up the mug with this and let it sit a day or so.

If that doesn't work, use some bleach and water, soak, then repeat baking soda.

If that doesn't work, trash bin will. 😄