unable to send message

8 minutes ago, onthebalcony said:

I should add it is Celebrity Reflection,  date Nov 5, 2019.

I don't know.  I just went to that Roll Call and was able to post with no problem.

As to how to clear your cookies - I can't help with that.  But there are others more computer savvy than I am.

@POA1 can you help?

Edited by Shmoo here

6 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I don't know.  I just went to that Roll Call and was able to post with no problem.

Just an fyi so others don't repeat this -- I did that earlier as a test and had no problem, as I noted above.  (See comment 17.)  The problem does not seem to be the Roll Call itself.  

32 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

As to how to clear your cookies - I can't help with that.  But there are others more computer savvy than I am.

@POA1 can you help?

I would recommend Googling "clear specific cookies" + whatever browser you are using. Ideally, you want to only clear the CruieCritic cookies and not everything in your browser. Otherwise, any site that "remembers" you will forget you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/20/2018 at 8:59 AM, broberts said:

The feature is not enabled for general use.

I have no idea why the Compose New button displays for those of us who cannot use the facility. I do know that CC and moderators can send messages.

I just realized this too.  If I click on your name for example, I get the following choices:

Ignore User

Find Content

So the "message" option doesn't work, it's just there for decoration (lol)?

31 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

I just realized this too.  If I click on your name for example, I get the following choices:

Ignore User

Find Content

So the "message" option doesn't work, it's just there for decoration (lol)?

More than likely, it's an available feature of this forum software, but CC chooses not to enable it for users. Just for them to contact users.

• Thanks 1

It's disappointing not to have it sometimes. There's been times when I've wanted to ask someone something in private that I didn't necessarily need to ask in the thread. Like something totally off topic. Or I've seen plenty of people trying to reach other users for the first time. Some have said they met on a cruise and exchanged usernames. But without PM's, the only way to try to contact them is to find a thread they've commented in and respond out in the open. That's not always ideal.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

It's disappointing not to have it sometimes. There's been times when I've wanted to ask someone something in private that I didn't necessarily need to ask in the thread. Like something totally off topic. Or I've seen plenty of people trying to reach other users for the first time. Some have said they met on a cruise and exchanged usernames. But without PM's, the only way to try to contact them is to find a thread they've commented in and respond out in the open. That's not always ideal.

I agree, it would be a nice feature and most forums do have that option.  I see you have your email address in your signature line, which is very nice of you :)