Status match for NCL platinum-only MSC gold?

edawn

Well in to Platinum....  Definitely unusual, I haven't heard of any others getting Gold with that amount of points.  Did you have a lot of sailings with triple+ points, meaning fewer overall sailings?

Edited by Até

No and I don't think MSC would know if I did because to do the match you just send a screenshot of your points with NCL. The MSC website states 

• "Get similar or higher privilege status than your current loyalty program"

I think I'll send an email. Status match is a nice thing for MSC to do. I just wish it had worked like it has for some many other for me. 

15 minutes ago, edawn said:

No and I don't think MSC would know if I did because to do the match you just send a screenshot of your points with NCL. The MSC website states 

• "Get similar or higher privilege status than your current loyalty program"

I think I'll send an email. Status match is a nice thing for MSC to do. I just wish it had worked like it has for some many other for me. 

I think the screen shot I sent listed each cruise and points, can't remember.  I would definitely try sending back a request to have the assignment reviewed as it is not the norm as I have seen reported nor experienced personally.  Hopefully it's not indicative of a policy change.

1 hour ago, edawn said:

Hello,

Has anyone received gold status when matched with NCL platinum? I had read several places on cruise critic that NCL platinum matched to Black card.

Thanks!

edawn

I have 107 points and was matched to Black.

Maybe it matter thay NCL now have the "new" levels above Platinum? (Platinum Plus and Ambassador.) I think that Platinum was the highest tier when I matched.

2 hours ago, edawn said:

Hello,

Has anyone received gold status when matched with NCL platinum? I had read several places on cruise critic that NCL platinum matched to Black card.

Thanks!

edawn

We got black card match for NCL Platinum. There are various threads on drinks packages, indicating that most are being downgraded....perhaps this downgrading is now extended to status match! As others have said, you should definitely ask the question of MSC as it may simply be human error.

6 minutes ago, hamrag said:

We got black card match for NCL Platinum. There are various threads on drinks packages, indicating that most are being downgraded....perhaps this downgrading is now extended to status match! As others have said, you should definitely ask the question of MSC as it may simply be human error.

Its not an error its NCL with new Platinum status changes. 

42 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Yes, my friend used to be Platinum on NCL, now she lost most of her perks :classic_sad: to be Balck on MSC you need ambassador or whatever is new status is now.

I'm not aware of platinum NCL guests receiving fewer benefits. The benefits are listed on the NCL website and appear to be exactly what I have received in the past.

27 minutes ago, edawn said:

I'm not aware of platinum NCL guests receiving fewer benefits. The benefits are listed on the NCL website and appear to be exactly what I have received in the past.

this is what I understood from my friend. but now Platinum is not highest level on NCL so probably  its only gold now.  

As of October 1st 2018 Royal Caribbean Pinnacle and celebrity Zenith are the only two levels that will be black status. Before that date Diamond and Diamond Plus on Royal and Elite and Elite Plus on Celebrity were both given black status. I know this as our friends applied the middle of October and got gold status with diamond from Royal. They called MSC and that was what they were told that the rules changed on October 1st.

I do not know how they were handling the other cruise lines. But it does appear that only the top status on the other Cruise Lines is given  black status on MSC. I don't know what they are thinking. What makes them think someone with Zenith or Pinnacle status is going to come over to MSC to get a complimentary bottle of wine, two chocolate ships, a cocktail hour, and a free meal. Apparently, the Black Card members were growing in large numbers and that finally hit them.

• Like 1

Camofwilliamsburg, why else would you want a particular status if not to get the perks.  My point is that if they don't match to Black then it really isn't a like-for-like status match.  

I don't think this will put me off personally as I like the European itineraries MSC offers but it may do others.