Boarding With Food Products in Italy

LarryL

We'll be boarding the Pacific Princess for this fall's TA and are considering buying some cheeses and meats to enjoy with our wine for a nice balcony snack. This is not a US Customs or USDA question as these products will be consumed well before we disembark in FLL. We just hope for some nice treats during our cruise to go with our carry on wines. That said, has anyone done this on a Princess cruise? Thanks

Edited by LarryL

Sitting on the balcony with wine and some nice sausage like summer sausage and some good cheese sounds like heaven to me. 

Put them in double or triple Ziplock bags and there would be no reason for any interest by security at check in. 

We have done the same thing ... only cruise line that prohibits this is NCL.   Even on NCL, I took plastic bags and brought back nuts and a few other items to enjoy on the balcony.    Princess, Celebrity, Crystal, Cunard, HAL no problem.

6 hours ago, ggprincess2004 said:

We had no problem bringing any food item on to the ship while in the med, fresh items from the farmer's markets, etc. In a pinch, a new shower cap covers a plate of food to help keep it fresh. 

Thanks, :classic_smile: Now I know what to do with our hotel shower caps after our pre-cruise stay.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:59 PM, Micah's Grandad said:

If food containers are sealed like bottles of olive oil would think you could bring back home. 

Just remember to pack it in your checked luggage.  If you take it as carry on, it will be confiscated.  It's liquid.  That also goes for little jars of pesto, etc.  I almost made the mistake of putting it in my carry on until a dinner table mate told me his stuff was confiscated the year before returning from the mediterranean. 

On 11/23/2018 at 8:49 AM, ggprincess2004 said:

We had no problem bringing any food item on to the ship while in the med, fresh items from the farmer's markets, etc. In a pinch, a new shower cap covers a plate of food to help keep it fresh. 

At DollarTree stores they sell boxes of various sizes of these.. I think 15 for $1.