Everyone in cabin has to buy refreshment pkg

Gheenoe

I checked today and the refreshment package is down to 17 dollars for our cruise in April. I purchased for 20/dayfor the wife and me. I was going to cancel and repurchase.  But now I see everyone in the cabin over 6 must purchase it. Our 2 DS are 8 and 10. There is no way I would allow them to drink that much for it to be worth it to purchase for them. 

Is this a change that just happens in the last month?

Since I already reserved and paid for the two adults there is no they can take it away from us? Is there?

Is there anyway I could get the new price but still only have the 2 adults get the package? It would save 50 bucks for the trip. But I was happy with the 20/day that I previously paid. 

Edited by Gheenoe

13 minutes ago, Gheenoe said:

I checked today and the refreshment package is down to 17 dollars for our cruise in April. I purchased for 20/dayfor the wife and me. I was going to cancel and repurchase.  But now I see everyone in the cabin over 6 must purchase it. Our 2 DS are 8 and 10. There is no way I would allow them to drink that much for it to be worth it to purchase for them. 

Is this a change that just happens in the last month?

Since I already reserved and paid for the two adults there is no they can take it away from us? Is there?

Is there anyway I could get the new price but still only have the 2 adults get the package? It would save 50 bucks for the trip. But I was happy with the 20/day that I previously paid. 

Its only the delux alcohol package where everyone over 21 has to purchase it.  I just cancelled 2 refreshment packages today and was able to rebook them for just one person.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Checked on a computer and I got the same message as an iPhone. 

I called Royal, talked with a wonder gentleman who said everyone does NOT need to purchase. He refunded the previous charge and charge me for two new ones. So the call was simpler than doing it myself online. 

The screen capture showing the above 6 year old makes me think that will be changed in the future, but as for now it is all good.

Thanks everyone