2300 Sailaway time...

Isklaar

Can anyone tell me what time muster drill is likely to happen?  Departure is from Singapore.

The cruise documents say that 2pm is check in time so I'm hoping that the drill will take place around 4-5pm as usual and then we'll be free to go and spend a few more hours in town if we want to.  

Also wondering if there will be a Sailaway party, I'm guessing they will hold it earlier than actual departure time? 

Edited by Isklaar

Isklaar, I noticed that Seabourn offers a shore excursion from 6:15-10:15 on December 22 (a night safari). So, I assume that they’ll conduct the safety drill in the late afternoon. And, I think that guests will have the opportunity to spend time in Singapore after the drill and before the all-aboard time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

Isklaar, I noticed that Seabourn offers a shore excursion from 6:15-10:15 on December 22 (a night safari). So, I assume that they’ll conduct the safety drill in the late afternoon. And, I think that guests will have the opportunity to spend time in Singapore after the drill and before the all-aboard time. 

The night safari is very good (I’m assuming to the night zoo) so if you haven’t done it then I can recommend it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

Thanks, Roxburgh — the Singapore night safari is indeed at the night zoo. We’ll consider taking this excursion.  

We have also done the night zoo (privately, not through an excursion) and also can recommend it. 

9 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

Thanks, Roxburgh — the Singapore night safari is indeed at the night zoo. We’ll consider taking this excursion.  

The Night Safari is the Singapore zoo at night. It's brilliant because the Singapore Zoo is a lovely zoo, enough space, incredible care for the animals, one of (IMHO) the top few zoos in the world and .. it's at night, when it's not brutally hot and you get to see animals you may not usually see. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies.

The Night Safari sounds great, we plan to visit the zoo during our pre-cruise days in Singapore as we would like to see the giant pandas again. That's a day time trip but we are now interested in either staying at the zoo late or going the next evening. 

Hi all: Changing the direction of the topic, but keeping it on a late sail-away time: our Dec 15 cruise out of Barbados also has a 23:00 sail-away. Being that this is our first time on SB, what do people do between boarding, eating, muster and more eating? Typically, my wife and I just meander around the ship and then watch the sail-away, but this is a long time...I presume that most people stay on-board during this time...Thanks, jdk

Usually the sail away is a bit of a party on deck with music and cocktails but due to the lateness of the departure it will be quiet. You would have to be back on ship  by 11.30 so most passengers will stay on the ship as dinner will most probably not finish before 9 .

We are on the same cruise.  After we board, have some lunch, and drop our hand luggage in the cabin, when it becomes available, we plan on getting off the ship for a little while and stroll around Bridgetown.  While we have been to Barbados before  and will have arrived two evening before the cruise, we have never looked around Bridgetown.  I don't expect to spend much time there, so we will be back on board in plenty of time for the muster drill.  Then,  despite the late sail away, we plan on remaining on board through dinner and whatever other festivities may be available on ship.  But, we do not need to spend any time exploring the ship, since this will be our 10th Sebourn cruise.

Hi Clou: Thanks for the suggestions - I think that we may do the same in walking around in the afternoon. My wife, Judy,  and I are looking forward to meeting you. I see that you live in Vienna, VA. Our daughter just graduated from Georgetown and is living in Rosslyn (and working in D.C.). Perhaps we can discuss things on-board. Best regards, jdk