Cruise Critic stopped working for me today - with Chrome

I have been using Cruise Critic regularly without issue in Google Chrome. Today when I get to the Boards home page, the whole screen blinks repeatedly and if I click on anything it does not leave that page. Wondering if anything was done over the weekend that might have caused this?

I did try clearing cache - did not resolve anything.

I had to switch browsers for CC to work. 

It happened to me on 64 bit Windows Chrome. Clearing the cookies did not fix it for me. Using a different browser did. 

People have reported the same problem with Safari. Safari and Mac Chrome are webkit browsers. Chrome for Windows is a Blink engine browser. I initially suspected an engine issue, but it's affecting browsers written on different engines. 

All I can say is that the bug generation team is knocking the ball out of the park. :classic_wink:

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

I have been using Cruise Critic regularly without issue in Google Chrome. Today when I get to the Boards home page, the whole screen blinks repeatedly and if I click on anything it does not leave that page. Wondering if anything was done over the weekend that might have caused this?

I did try clearing cache - did not resolve anything.

I had to switch browsers for CC to work. 

Try looking for cruisecritic cookies and delete all of them. I had a problem that was different than yours (would get some strange error message and reloading would not work, nor would going to any other board page) and deleting cookies cleared it. If opening a Chrome browser window in Safe Mode works, I would definitely try the cookies.

Edited by MisterBill99