Bit Of A Blog : Vision Of The Seas, Nov 29th 2018 : Panama Canal eastbound

6 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Thank you Linda for posting another pic of Sheenagh. 

In Cartagena Sheenagh, her mum and I took  a  taxi ride to the old city.  The city is stunning and a complete surprise , beautiful architecture, statues , I could have stayed and wandered for a few hours more.

Sheenagh’s goal was to see a sloth,  she asked a policeman where we could find them and he pointed to the park. When we were in the park, all 3 of us looking up into the trees , a guy approached us and said he could point out to us where the sloths, iguanas and monkeys were and sure enough he did. The highlight of our time there . All he expected was a tip . Cartagena was a highlight on this trip.

pic is of a sloth in the tree. Would never have found it without park guy.

09CA9570-65BA-4A98-B441-B40DB92898F7.jpeg

I'm so jealous!  We really really really wanted to see a sloth!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm so jealous!  We really really really wanted to see a sloth!

Carol, if park guy hadn’t approached us believe me we would never have seen them. He was wearing a lime green tshirt with matching hat and looked ‘official’ . He had food for the animals and a red squirrel came down from a tree and took food from his hand . 

We were in awe. 

Am not having a good time.....quick visit to guest services and back on my bed. Packing nearly done but standing up is an issue! Empty hangers in the closet crashing against each other. 

We are the large dark blue arrow in the marinetraffic screenshot.

20181214_162324.jpg

Screenshot_20181214-173301_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

4 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Am not having a good time.....quick visit to guest services and back on my bed. Packing nearly done but standing up is an issue! Empty hangers in the closet crashing against each other. 

I know that you are probably sleeping Linda. Great blog! Have fun in NOLA.

Just a tip about the empty banging hangers (on the last night) that a room steward showed us. (after we had put them on the floor) He showed us how to just bunch them together and quick run a bath towel through the open part so they don't rattle and bang. It saves them time the next morning, and we aren't bothered by the clatter. 

Have fun! Please share pictures of New Orleans. We will be there in February. 

~Patti :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

I have been for a walk to get some fresh air. It's cold outside! Departing from the blog here are some empty ship pics. Back in my room 5a.m some rooms already have their checkout account bills outside. I don't. 

5.25a.m we've pulled up alongside the pier and are tying up. My pics are still uploading. I record  something for you. Will try and share next post.

20181215_044343.jpg

20181215_044858.jpg

20181215_044935.jpg

20181215_045020.jpg

20181215_045058.jpg

20181215_045315.jpg

20181215_045105.jpg

20181215_045628.jpg

20181215_045609.jpg

20181215_045738.jpg

2 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

Thanks for the bit of a blog. Safe travels home.

Thanks. Still have 4 days in New Orleans ...... will post some details for others. Hotel etc. Will finish Cartagena too.

I have a sound file to upload but not on this network. Ropes being belayed been going on for 35 minutes. Don't worry, I've only got 30 seconds for you!

Edited by NorbertsNiece

16 days on board and only today do I stumble upon this quiet little seating area to the left of the Solarium. I'd been told, but forgotten all, about it!

For the first time it's warmer in than out! My sweaters are in my case! I do have a scarf and a jacket!!

20181215_071614.jpg

20181215_071545.jpg

20181215_071645.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

• 6 months later...
On 12/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, NorbertsNiece said:

Had lunch in WJ. Was a ashore around 130pm, spent a little over an hour walking around trying to avoid vendors and am back on board. Cabo San Lucas is a bustling tourist resort. And it's hot.

Linda, am hoping you see our questions. How do they assign tender groups? We arrive in Cabo San Lucas at 11:00 and want to book a sailing tour at 1:15. Do you know how to book an early tender? Thank you, Betsy