Bit Of A Blog : Vision Of The Seas, Nov 29th 2018 : Panama Canal eastbound

6 hours ago, Dan-P said:

I probably missed it earlier in the review, but who are the Captain, Concierge and Cruise Director?  Do you know if all three will still be on board in February?

Thanks.

Dan

Get back to you tomorrow to answer your questions. Spelling is important! And I'm a little tipsy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

What’s the egg drop competition?  Whatever it is, it sounds like fun.

Bill's thread is way more up to date than mine. Check it out for pics! I'm trying to stay in sequence here and keep jumping about!!! Basically you have to drop an uncooked egg in its shell from deck 8 in tbe Centrum down to deck 4 without it breaking or cracking. Using balloons, thread (someone used dental floss), material (someone used men's underwear!) or anything really to soften the landing! Great fun.

Clocks went back an hour last night and the seas are rough this morning. I've used my phone the whole trip to post here, and whilst they've made it easier to post pics directly to CC from a phone I have many many pics to scroll through to select those I'm sharing. FB is causing issues for some with their pics of the Embera Village, rejecting them for showing the bare breasts of the native Indian women. 

16 hours ago, Dan-P said:

I probably missed it earlier in the review, but who are the Captain, Concierge and Cruise Director?  Do you know if all three will still be on board in February?

Thanks.

Dan

Master : Captain Michael Lindberg

Cruise Director : Steve Davis

Diamond Lounge Concierge Willian Camargo

No idea who's in the Suites / Pinnacles  (Viking Crown) Lounge. Carol @Merion_Mom will know. 

• Like 1

Embera Village contd.

The large meeting hut on ground level.

There is a group of French tourists who are there now.

We are treated to a wonderful performance of two dances, one celebrates the crab and the other for their Shaman.

We are unvited to join in. There's pics of me dancing with them. Will share later.

20181210_121754.jpg

20181210_125339.jpg

20181210_125441.jpg

20181210_125615.jpg

20181210_130609.jpg

4 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Master : Captain Michael Lindberg

Cruise Director : Steve Davis

Diamond Lounge Concierge Willian Camargo

No idea who's in the Suites / Pinnacles  (Viking Crown) Lounge. Carol @Merion_Mom will know. 

Ryno Strapp 

He will still be on board in February. 

Captain & HD will be on vacation. 

Concierge Lounge will once again be available to D+

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slainte! said:

Enjoy your last day Linda.  Safe journey home. Thanks for the time spent doing the blog. You did a great job.

Cheers!

Joan

Thanks. More to come. Trying to pack when we're in rough seas is proving challenging for me. Many bangs coming from somewhere forward of me.  I've been given an 0820 disembarkation time tomorrow.

Thank you Linda for posting another pic of Sheenagh. 

In Cartagena Sheenagh, her mum and I took  a  taxi ride to the old city.  The city is stunning and a complete surprise , beautiful architecture, statues , I could have stayed and wandered for a few hours more.

Sheenagh’s goal was to see a sloth,  she asked a policeman where we could find them and he pointed to the park. When we were in the park, all 3 of us looking up into the trees , a guy approached us and said he could point out to us where the sloths, iguanas and monkeys were and sure enough he did. The highlight of our time there . All he expected was a tip . Cartagena was a highlight on this trip.

pic is of a sloth in the tree. Would never have found it without park guy.

09CA9570-65BA-4A98-B441-B40DB92898F7.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1