Ipad doesn't keep login info anymore

Hi, 

hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. 

With the old CC platform and with other websites, my ipad stores login id and password. 

That way, after I clear history and cookies, my login info is automatically entered when I click to login. 

On this new CC platform, the login is a pop up box on ipad, and I have not found a "remember me" tick box.    So I have to type in my name and password each time I clear history.  

Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

Thanks!!

For me there certainly was (still is?) a "remember me" box on the new format - but it didn't work :classic_rolleyes:

I resolved this, and several of the other glitches, in two ways......

1. Click on your name (top right of the page, not the avatar alongside posts) and on the drop-down click on "account settings".

This shows your e-mail address. 

Is it correct? Mine was a now-defunct one from years back. Resolved by e-mailing help at cc & asking them to update it (theres no facility to update it yourself).

2. I was on Win7 via Internet Explorer. I swapped the browser to Safari (same as my IPad) and hey-presto a number of issues were resolved.

One of those two things (can't remember which) has resulted in me staying logged-in as I always used to be

So very very many glitches.

Even though I still hate the new format in its entirety, the glitches which seemed to affect all & sundry now seem to be fixed. 

The outstanding glitches mainly seem to be mainly dependent on the user's own set-up. Which platform (PC, or different tablets), which Windows or Apple version, which browser. Oh, and which country - cause cruisecritic.co.uk & .au seem to have issues which don't affect .com. 

All of which are way beyond the comfort zone of the dinosaur who calls himself.................JB :classic_wacko: 

Edited by John Bull

1 hour ago, cruisintoddler said:

On this new CC platform, the login is a pop up box on ipad, and I have not found a "remember me" tick box.    So I have to type in my name and password each time I clear history.

As far as I can tell, the new log-in system basically has the same effect as if the "remember me" box is ticked. So if you like having it ticked, then its absence doesn't matter.

If when you clear your browsing history, all your cookies are cleared too, then you will have to manually log in again when you come back to CC. This behaviour has not changed.

I find that cc is suddenly logging me off in the middle of me browsing! And instead of being logged on when I hop on to cruise critic I am logged off. This issue only started happening yesterday, but is really frustrating! 

Thanks but I don't think any of these ideas are my question.  

My email is ok.  

I expect to be logged out when I delete cookies and history.  That is fine. 

So far I'm not being logged out otherwise cause that would be annoying😄!

What I'm looking for - and I don't know the right lingo - is the auto fill or stored info that ipad will automatically type in for me when I click on the login again.  

The old platform had the login at the top of the page and ipad ios was able to auto fill it.  

This new platform has a pop up box and my ipad won't auto fill it for me. 

Silly problem, I know but still bugs me.  Thanks.  

Does autofill work elsewhere in the browser? 

If you haven't tried this already, it may work https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/safari/if-autofill-doesnt-work-ibrw1100/mac.

I'm not familiar with Safari, but in other browsers autofill may not initially fill in a popup form but taping the first field, or entering the first letter will popup a list of choices. Once a selection is made the fields are filled in.

Today I can’t even use the boards on Safari and iPad as it constantly cycles between being logged in and logged out. It doesn’t stick for more than half a second then it changes in or out. I’m so sick of having to keep logging in, and when I do that every time I change to a different thread there is a delay as I can see I am auto logged out then logged in again. I’m using the boards so much less these days. I don’t read many threads any more, just the two I have a lot of interest in. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Today I can’t even use the boards on Safari and iPad as it constantly cycles between being logged in and logged out. It doesn’t stick for more than half a second then it changes in or out. I’m so sick of having to keep logging in, and when I do that every time I change to a different thread there is a delay as I can see I am auto logged out then logged in again. I’m using the boards so much less these days. I don’t read many threads any more, just the two I have a lot of interest in. 

I had that cycling on my iOS devices a couple of days ago, but clearing the cookies seems to have helped. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

21 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I had that cycling on my iOS devices a couple of days ago, but clearing the cookies seems to have helped. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

Yes, thanks for the tip and I did that and it stopped the issue yesterday. Today I’ve gone back to the site and it’s cycling again and I’m not clearing the cookies just because Cruise critic has launched a platform with so many bugs as clearing cookies logged me out of all the websites I’ve joined. 

Edited by Pushka

2 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Yes, thanks for the tip and I did that and it stopped the issue yesterday. Today I’ve gone back to the site and it’s cycling again and I’m not clearing the cookies just because Cruise critic has launched a platform with so many bugs as clearing cookies logged me out of all the websites I’ve joined. 

You should be able to clear just the cruisecritic.com cookies.

Another method that generally works is using a Private/Incognito session. You will have to log in each time using this method.

25 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I'm having the same problem today, and I agree with you about clearing cookies, it's really inconvenient.  However, Chrome and Safari (I can't speak to any other browsers) allow you to just clear the cookies for a specific site, like CC, without clearing all your cookies.   Still, CC really needs to fix this problem.  I have emailed them about it, I suggest others do the same, as it's unclear how often they are monitoring these threads.