Missed paid upgrade, another opportunity?

jkmmah

Has anyone ever seen a 2nd paid upgrade offer opportunity come through if you miss out on the initial one? We missed out after playing voicemail phone tag repeatedly with the Princess rep. Doubting a 2nd opportunity will come along but filled with hope all the same. We sail in 38 days.

It did happen to us but I would not hold my breath waiting for it. It was the one time we had a TA and she called me with an offer on the Royal to move from inside to obstructed balcony. I told her to check and see which cabins were offered and by the time she did that, they were all taken. Then we were offered a way forward balcony but I happened to have read on cc that the beds could not be put together in that cabin. TA was skeptical but she checked and confirmed.

I reluctantly passed on the offer. This was all within the last week before sailing. Two days before sailing she called again and said they had a cancellation and would we like a full balcony, mid-forward, I think deck 9 or so. Same price—$139 each on a ten day. Perfect cabin from which we could glance up a deck and forward to the bridge.

Don’t know if it made a difference that we had a TA ($50 OBC was the only other perk since I picked our original sailing and cabin) but I did let her know that we would continue to entertain offers after turning down the second one!

It was our first balcony and was the only way we can ever afford one so very appreciated.

Hope you have good luck.

The last cruise we took we got an email for a paid upgrade to a min suite. Did not do anything as we were happy where we were with cabin location. Got a second email offering a  paid upgrade to a suite which we responded to and decided to take Princess up on there offer. So there is hope. The second email was about 2 to 3 weeks from the sail date.

Hopefully you can connect with Princess and get the upgrade.

We received a second offer after passing on the first.  We declined a suite upsell, but took a mini upsell about a week later.

Also, if using a TA, you do not have to go through the TA to take advantage of upsell offers.  It is more efficient to call the number yourself and eliminate the back and forth with the TA.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

When you finally got through did you tell the rep you would be open to another call?

I did not. I voiced my sadness that it didn’t work out for us, but I did not actually mention being open to another call. This call came two hours after I had gotten out of surgery, so my mind was a little groggy. 😜

Call back and tell them to put you on the waitlist in case another upsell offer comes through.  I had no idea they had such a thing but the offer was gone by the time I spoke to the rep on a cruise last August and she said she would put us on a waitlist and if one came available before our departure date, she would charge the credit card we used for the cruise.  It was for a full suite and we didn't get a call (likely because there are so few full suites), but that was the first that I had heard that a wait list was even an option if you didn't manage to succeed in getting the first offer.

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Call back and tell them to put you on the waitlist in case another upsell offer comes through.  I had no idea they had such a thing but the offer was gone by the time I spoke to the rep on a cruise last August and she said she would put us on a waitlist and if one came available before our departure date, she would charge the credit card we used for the cruise.  It was for a full suite and we didn't get a call (likely because there are so few full suites), but that was the first that I had heard that a wait list was even an option if you didn't manage to succeed in getting the first offer.

I will do so. Thank you for the suggestion. 😊

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 6:14 AM, 2wheelin said:

It did happen to us but I would not hold my breath waiting for it. It was the one time we had a TA and she called me with an offer on the Royal to move from inside to obstructed balcony. I told her to check and see which cabins were offered and by the time she did that, they were all taken. Then we were offered a way forward balcony but I happened to have read on cc that the beds could not be put together in that cabin. 

Oh no! Does anyone know if this is how it is on the Crown? We have the most forward balcony on the Riviera deck, I would be really bummed if my husband and I couldn’t sleep in the same bed.