Question About Cruise Points

Yvonne

I am at the gold level with 26 cruise points, it says 4 more points until I reach the next level, platinum.  With my upcoming 7-night cruise on the Oasis in February will I turn platinum on that cruise?  I can’t seem to find the information telling how many points a 7-night Cruise is worth.

A 7 night cruise will be worth 7 points if you stay in a regular cabin. A suite will earn double points. Although you will earn the 4 points during the cruise, you will not turn Platinum until after you have COMPLTED the cruise. Royal Caribbean does not upgrade your status during the cruise. You will be notified of your upgrade about two weeks after completion of the cruise.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

6 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

I am at the gold level with 26 cruise points, it says 4 more points until I reach the next level, platinum.  With my upcoming 7-night cruise on the Oasis in February will I turn platinum on that cruise?  I can’t seem to find the information telling how many points a 7-night Cruise is worth.

Points are given after the cruise. You will be platinum after your Oasis cruise. 

1 point per night. 2 points per night if in a JS or higher. 2 points per night if sailing solo. 3 points pet night if sailing solo in a JS or higher. 

8 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

A 7 night cruise will be worth 7 points if you stay in a regular cabin. A suite will earn double points. Although you will earn the 4 points during the cruise, you will not turn Platinum until after you have COMPLTED the cruise. Royal Caribbean does not upgrade your status during the cruise. You will be notified of your upgrade about two weeks after completion of the cruise.

I made Diamond during a cruise in Oct.  I was never notified.  I just periodically checked and the points showed up about a week after the cruise.  I was checking because I had a cruise booked for Novermber and didn't buy the drinks package since I figured I would be making extensive use of the DL and the three drink vouchers.

10 minutes ago, gatour said:

I made Diamond during a cruise in Oct.  I was never notified. 

Your notification comes in the form of a letter of your perks (and hopefully a D pin) in your cabin on the next cruise.

Edited by Biker19

No notification is ever offered proactively upon leveling up.  When I made D+ I received nothing, not even a pin on the next or any subsequent sailing.  I emailed C&A who said they'd mail me one but I never got it.  I don't wear pins so I don't care.   It's not worth pursuing something I won't use.  

I can log into my account and see my status.  On future cruises you will receive an onboard offer letter on boarding day that displays your current status and tells what coupons are loaded on your SeaPass card.  That's what really matters.

One to two weeks after your cruise log into your C&A account and make sure the points posted.  When you do you'll see your new status if you leveled up during your last cruise.