Sail Away Traditions

DennisNV

4 minutes ago, c-boy said:

what genre of music do you listen too?

Mostly rock for me along with Jimmy. DW likes all kinds. So we have play lists we have put together and down load before a cruise. (I also have a conga line play list for fun.) Then all we have to do is play the music on our Ipod or phones and enable the Blue Tooth.

Playing the Bose on loud in the room, you can not hear it on the Balcony to give you an idea of the volume. If you are familiar with the small Bose speakers, they give you a surround sound effect, but not by blasting you out. If you play it in a room, it covers the whole room, but not to well in the next room over.

• Like 2

awww shoot we've hijacked the thread.  So the Countess and i enjoy a bottle of  chilled prosecco.  The final half of our glass goes over the railing as an offering to Poseidon. (bribe for a safe journey)

2 minutes ago, c-boy said:

awww shoot we've hijacked the thread.  So the Countess and i enjoy a bottle of  chilled prosecco.  The final half of our glass goes over the railing as an offering to Poseidon. (bribe for a safe journey)

Poseidon? Isn't that a three hour tour?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

When sailing from Port Everglades, we talk to our mothers during sailaway and wave to them on the webcam. 

I forgot another sailaway tradition.  When we are departing on a cruise, my brother and I send text messages to each other.  Between the lines, you can read the message, "Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.  I'm going on a cruise and you're not."

Last summer he and his wife took a B2B on the Caribbean Princess out of Port Everglades.  On the first leg he sent me the link to the webcam.  His ship was out of site while it was berthed.  However, I did see it go by as they were sailing away.

On the second leg we coordinated our efforts a little better.  As they were about to leave I texted him to stand on the top of the bridge and wave to the webcam as they passed.  It worked, he wasn't exactly sure of the webcam location on the shore, but I definitely saw him waving away.

My 1st cruise was a Caribbean cruise in December 1997 and the first thing we did was go up to the pool area and have a drink. They were serving lots of pina coladas and back then I’d never had one so tried it. Nearly 30 cruises on i always have a pina colada when I get on the ship if possible. Just the one as I’m not as fond of it as I was back in my 20’s.