LIVE!!! - Edge Preview and Maiden Voyage - Dec 6th & 9th - LIVE REVIEW from the EDGE!

mit429

5 minutes ago, number one eagles fan said:

So excited for you. If possible can you get a good picture of the stern of the ship. I have a sunset veranda with the "old school" veranda and would like to see what it looks like. 

Enjoy!

Heather

Added to my list! 

Tim, Thanks for doing a live review.  Hope to run into you on the 9th.  I feel the same way as you do regarding most of the venues. 

My only problem is...with all the live reviews and keeping up with CruiseCritic, I hope I find time to pack!  😂 

5 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I was on one of last weeks preview cruises, so I'm following this to find out what you think.  One note for you - the cabanas are not free standing like the ones on the other ships.

I am not sure what you mean by "free standing"?  Do you mean that they are essentially connected to the cabana beside them?

25 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

I am not sure what you mean by "free standing"?  Do you mean that they are essentially connected to the cabana beside them?

Yup.  If you look at the deck plans of deck 14, it shows them.  They are along the walkway where the Magic Carpet sits.  They are seating areas along the walkway.

If you look at Onboard Experiences there's a picture. It's by "Discover Why Celebrity Edge is truly reinventing destination travel".

Edited by abbydancer

19 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I was on one of last weeks preview cruises, so I'm following this to find out what you think.  One note for you - the cabanas are not free standing like the ones on the other ships.

Yea, I've seen several pictures and videos of them ... my two concerns are that the walkway in front of them is roped off (I'm told it is now) and that they don't seem to get much sun ... so we'll see! 

Thank you so much for taking us along with you!  We are in an S1 on the April 7th sailing.  We booked this cruise the day the booking opened.  It has been a LONG wait and I'm so excited to read the reviews and see all the pictures.  Have a wonderful time!  Wanda

On 12/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Bimmer09 said:

Tim, I am onboard for a good read!

I don't have an Edge cruise booked but if I did it would be in a corner aft S1 so apart from tuning in for that I am interested in anything Edge as it is such an innovative design and I can rely on you for some great photos and telling it like it is.

I have 2 cruises booked at the moment -Azamara to Cuba (Jan 2019) and X to Norway(Sept 2019) but am leaning towards the Edge for our January 2020 escape from Chicago.

Give my regards to the Marriott Harbor Beach hotel in Ft.Lauderdale! Fine choice.

Thanks for the shout-out in post #2!

Have a great cruise and take a lot of pictures.

Bon Voyage!

Norris

Norris, great to have you along - and looking forward to your review on Azamara, I've always been curious about them - and Cuba will be a real treat! 

I have made an actual To-Do list in Google Sheets and will use that to remind myself all the things that you’re asking me - haha. I don’t want to forget and I will, if I don’t make a list. Once I complete a task, I’ll mark it off on there and update the review as soon as possible. If you’re interested in following along with my progress, here you go: https://goo.gl/4MiBrG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mit429 said:

I have made an actual To-Do list in Google Sheets and will use that to remind myself all the things that you’re asking me - haha. I don’t want to forget and I will, if I don’t make a list. Once I complete a task, I’ll mark it off on there and update the review as soon as possible. If you’re interested in following along with my progress, here you go: https://goo.gl/4MiBrG

I can't see the full questions, if the bathroom question is about little bottles, there aren't any.  Shampoo etc are in wall mounted bottles in the shower, even in the suites.  (and in the IVs, inconveniently placed.

I haven’t started packing yet and I leave early Wednesday morning - cue freak out!

I have been waiting for the Celebrity app to finally become useful and my prayers have been answered. The app is still kind of slow, IMO, but it is extremely useful and I couldn’t be more excited. I was truly blown away when I got the notification about the update and loaded it, if you haven’t checked it out and have a cruise booked right now, I suggest you do so!

I completed the self check-in for both cruises, I put on a cute shirt for my selfie/security picture - so hopefully people like it! Haha. I am confused as to why the Xpress Passes can not be put into Apple Wallet, but whatever. Hoping that this makes the Check-In experience a lot smoother. 

I seem to have issues switching between sailings, I’m not sure if anyone else is having that problem. I also don’t like the way the daily activities are displayed, the font is way too big and taking up too much space on the screen - it’s hard to figure out what’s going on unless you know what you’re looking for. I hope they still give a paper Celebrity Today out, but the app will definitely be useful.

IMG_2153.thumb.jpg.4a08d90f3ca3a9a6da11537d48ddb8ce.jpg

I am very much looking forward to using the app to control the room and be able to get into my room without my SeaPass. Something else I'm curious about ... Can you pay with your phone too - rather than handing over your SeaPass?

When I was on the Ovation of the Seas you did not get your SeaPass until you got to your stateroom, they were in a sealed envelope outside. I assume the same thing is the case on the Edge, but I'll let you know about that as well, once I get aboard.

I have a DSLR, but I've decided not to bring it (one less thing to worry about). I'm going to be taking all my pictures with the items below - iPhone XS Max and Pixel 3 XL. I also just bought that little tripod thing and some wide angle lenses for the phone. The add-on lenses don't really seem that good, but I'll give them a shot, so we'll see.

IMG_9340.thumb.JPG.16b77757980a86f97e7821e0dac8c58c.JPG

13 minutes ago, mit429 said:

I haven’t started packing yet and I leave early Wednesday morning - cue freak out!

I have been waiting for the Celebrity app to finally become useful and my prayers have been answered. The app is still kind of slow, IMO, but it is extremely useful and I couldn’t be more excited. I was truly blown away when I got the notification about the update and loaded it, if you haven’t checked it out and have a cruise booked right now, I suggest you do so!

I completed the self check-in for both cruises, I put on a cute shirt for my selfie/security picture - so hopefully people like it! Haha. I am confused as to why the Xpress Passes can not be put into Apple Wallet, but whatever. Hoping that this makes the Check-In experience a lot smoother. 

I seem to have issues switching between sailings, I’m not sure if anyone else is having that problem. I also don’t like the way the daily activities are displayed, the font is way too big and taking up too much space on the screen - it’s hard to figure out what’s going on unless you know what you’re looking for. I hope they still give a paper Celebrity Today out, but the app will definitely be useful.

IMG_2153.thumb.jpg.4a08d90f3ca3a9a6da11537d48ddb8ce.jpg

I am very much looking forward to using the app to control the room and be able to get into my room without my SeaPass. Something else I'm curious about ... Can you pay with your phone too - rather than handing over your SeaPass?

When I was on the Ovation of the Seas you did not get your SeaPass until you got to your stateroom, they were in a sealed envelope outside. I assume the same thing is the case on the Edge, but I'll let you know about that as well, once I get aboard.

Our keys were outside the door.  In the terminal we showed the express pass and passport and straight onto the ship.

I was able to use my iphone 6 to open the door, DH couldn't use his 5.  He could, however control the lights and window.

Hi Tim, if you're up to taking a walk along some of the lower decks, can you tell me how our connected cabins will be configured?  There are several of these scattered around the ship, but we specifically have 7174 and 7172.  Is it through a vestibule that can be opened and closed like the "hump" cabins on the s-class ships or through an interior door?  I'm assume this will be obvious from the hallway.  (The deck plan is very confusing if I take it literally because the connection line is by the windows on the starboard side and near the door on the port side.)

Sue

19 hours ago, mit429 said:

I have to agree the app leaves much to be desired but it is a start.   I would have thought that after 6 months they would have fixed some of them. 

This is what I've found out to switch sailing dates.    from the screen that shows the top view of the ship and the Icons of a ship Calendar and person at the top -  Swipe to the Left ---  Under the selected sailing it says select different sailing.  

If you dont' want to put your portfolio in etc just click Get more details on ships we support -  That brings you back to the original ship selection screen.   

Not intuitive but it works.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Bimmer09 said:

Tim, I am onboard for a good read!

I don't have an Edge cruise booked but if I did it would be in a corner aft S1 so apart from tuning in for that I am interested in anything Edge as it is such an innovative design and I can rely on you for some great photos and telling it like it is.

I have 2 cruises booked at the moment -Azamara to Cuba (Jan 2019) and X to Norway(Sept 2019) but am leaning towards the Edge for our January 2020 escape from Chicago.

Give my regards to the Marriott Harbor Beach hotel in Ft.Lauderdale! Fine choice.

Thanks for the shout-out in post #2!

Have a great cruise and take a lot of pictures.

Bon Voyage!

Norris

Miss you Bimmer...looking forward to your Azamara review next month.

Susan (in Schaumburg!!!)

Hi Tim, I am following along and very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences of the Edge!  Are you planning on doing Le Petit Chef one night?   I am very interested in finding out of you have to choose everything from ONE menu, or if you can pick and choose from the two different menus.  My understanding is that there is one menu that follows the show and an alternate menu that does not.  I'm hoping you are not forced to select one menu or the other, but can pick and choose from both.  Also is there a vegetarian option?  Thanks and have a great cruise!

Edited by cricketgirl

31 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Miss you Bimmer...looking forward to your Azamara review next month.

Susan (in Schaumburg!!!)

Hi, Susan!

Mark your colander (I hate spell choke). January 25th on the Celebrity Board.

I may include a photo or two (thousand).

Norris

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

Hi, Susan!

Mark your colander (I hate spell choke). January 25th on the Celebrity Board.

I may include a photo or two (thousand).

Norris

Consider it marked.  My friend and I did Cuba at the end of September...it was fascinating!  Hope you enjoy hot & humid days AND nights..

Hope you and Carol have great holidays.

Susan