LIVE!!! - Edge Preview and Maiden Voyage - Dec 6th & 9th - LIVE REVIEW from the EDGE!

mit429

5 hours ago, kearney said:

Okay, excel on my Mac is different than it was on my PC.... why do they have to mess with it... it has been a while since I have charted anything... but here goes... prices since late April '18 for E3. Sorry I did not track consistently... but if I recall correctly I started when I noticed the large jump in June.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 6.46.17 AM.png

Interesting.  I am not sure the constant increase in Suite pricing can be explained by Supply and Demand only

3 hours ago, kearney said:

We had booked Reflection March cruise which hits some ports we have not been to... but final pmt was due... well today. Between DH mobility (thinking about knee replacement)... market and well the price... decided to cancel... well actually since we booked onboard... had $200 deposit... shifted cruise to a September Equinox... nothing special itinerary... and price higher than we have paid in past..but better than the Reflection cruise. DH has not gotten off the ship for last several cruises... so my question was why pay a premium to go to places we havent been to...if we are not getting off the boat!  We met a nice couple during captains cocktail hour... in sky lounge... lounge and orgnized cocktail hour now gone.... anyway they highly recommended Princess. So I am seriously considering a trial..if DH does not do knee surgery in the next few months.  But we shall see... maybe Edge will blow us away.

Good luck to your DH.

We also sail on Princess, but it is always based on the itinerary.  We enjoy the Celebrity Solstice Class ship more than the Princess options.  We usually find Celebrity a better value.  The Princess Sip and Sail special does close the gap.  No way the Princess loyalty cocktail party/drinks compare to Celebrity’s version. But on Princess if you are Elite you get a free mini bar set up.

5 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Interesting.  I am not sure the constant increase in Suite pricing can be explained by Supply and Demand only

Good luck to your DH.

We also sail on Princess, but it is always based on the itinerary.  We enjoy the Celebrity Solstice Class ship more than the Princess options.  We usually find Celebrity a better value.  The Princess Sip and Sail special does close the gap.  No way the Princess loyalty cocktail party/drinks compare to Celebrity’s version. But on Princess if you are Elite you get a free mini bar set up.

Celebrity is dropping captains club cocktail hour and replacing with 3 drinks off menu on sea card. Not sure about princess but prices are higher on some Celebrity sailings than in past....but really hard to compare fairly...but I just don’t seem to find the deals I have in the past.

1 hour ago, nyflgal@yahoo.com said:

Loving your reviews & pics!  I am booked on Jan 13 2019, 33 more Days😎

i am disappointed to see there is no water feature in Solarium, it made it feel like a rainforest & helped to drown out any unpleasant noise (chatting, etc) looks like Cruise Critic crew will need to find a Larger sail away venue, the sunset bar looks quite small.  I was on Eclipse TA Apr 2018 & the larger Sunset was very crowded for sail away.

could you confirm if there are the round rattan loungers w/umbrella shade like in previous S class ships.

thx much for your detailed info & great pics,  Happy Cruising🛳😎🍹

re:  the App 

It is rather easy to control the paid vs free portion.   Really nothing has changed.   Previously on your phone or Internet Café you can log onto Celebrity and I believe RCL without having to have a package.  They just basically control it by intranet vs extranet. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 6:55 PM, mit429 said:

Overall, though, I am extremely excited to see Eden. I sailed on the Ovation of the Seas a few years ago and Eden is quite obviously a direct descendant of Two70 on the Quantum Class ships. I thought Two70 was one of the most spectacular venues I had seen on a ship in a long time, both during the day for just lounging, and at night when there were performances - I hope that Eden is an equally as dynamic and amazing space!

I don't know if I missed it, but I'd really love to hear your thoughts on Eden at night?  I think I'm one of the few people looking forward to this venue in all it's incarnations.

• Like 1