Hotel in Oslo, Norway

Phxazzcruisers

Actually, as hotels in European capitals go, Oslo isn't that pricey for rooms (but stay out of the bar!).  I used to visit on business and would probably stay at the Grand Hotel for old times sake.  Historic and great location.  There are newer and less expensive choices but most are kind of boring.

Edited by flyingshoes

If you are just staying overnight, pre-cruise, the Park Inn By Radisson Oslo Airport, Gardermoen Hotel, was just fine for us.  Noting to see there.  Walking (with luggage) from International arrivals and you can use the baggage cart.  Practical, clean, functional and cheap (for Norway).

Next July, we’re staying for 2 nights pre-cruise at the Best Western City Centre Plus at about $200 a night. We chose it because it’s central and is right next to the station as we intend to use the airport express train to get onto town - much cheaper than a taxi.

Have you tried posting in your cruise roll-Call as others on your cruise can advise you.

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Next July, we’re staying for 2 nights pre-cruise at the Best Western City Centre Plus at about $200 a night. We chose it because it’s central and is right next to the station as we intend to use the airport express train to get onto town - much cheaper than a taxi.

Have you tried posting in your cruise roll-Call as others on your cruise can advise you.

Thanks

6 hours ago, frickwg said:

If you are just staying overnight, pre-cruise, the Park Inn By Radisson Oslo Airport, Gardermoen Hotel, was just fine for us.  Noting to see there.  Walking (with luggage) from International arrivals and you can use the baggage cart.  Practical, clean, functional and cheap (for Norway).

Thanks

10 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

Actually, as hotels in European capitals go, Oslo isn't that pricey for rooms (but stay out of the bar!).  I used to visit on business and would probably stay at the Grand Hotel for old times sake.  Historic and great location.  There are newer and less expensive choices but most are kind of boring.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, ellbon said:

Sheraton would be my second chioce first was   The Grand.. both you can walk to most sightseeing places  

Yep.  National Theater, Oslo university, National Gallery, Parliament, city hall, fortress, Royal Palace, etc. and the tram is right there if you want to ride to Frogner Park.

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the Radisson Blu airport hotel which happens to be right at the airport for easy access. Reasonable, clean, and a nice restaurant. We took the train back from Bergen and it all was very easy to accomplish.

Edited by portofinoitaly
typo

39 minutes ago, aerobee said:

I'm late to this topic, but there's a new luxe class hotel in Oslo. Rooms start at about 300 euro/night which is still cheaper than The Thief, its sister hotel.

Not on the water but well-located for tourists, in front of Central Station at the start of the walking street.

https://amerikalinjen.com/

This looks very nice! Thanks.

3 hours ago, aerobee said:

I'm late to this topic, but there's a new luxe class hotel in Oslo. Rooms start at about 300 euro/night which is still cheaper than The Thief, its sister hotel.

Not on the water but well-located for tourists, in front of Central Station at the start of the walking street.

https://amerikalinjen.com/

Just had a look at this and it demanded a 3 night stay when I looked at 29 June to 1 July.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:08 AM, flyingshoes said:

Oslo is officially the most expensive city in the world.