Port Canaveral Hotels

bdziewit

Does anyone have a recommendation on hotels that would have shuttles to the Port?  Trying to decide whether to stay in Orlando for the night and take a shuttle in the morning or go straight to Port Canaveral and leave from there.  

We really enjoyed our stay at La Quinta Inn in cocoa beach on A1A..,,there are two right near each other......this one was owned by the original astronauts and had some neat decorations.  We used cocoa beach shuttle to get from airport  to hotel.  The hotel does have a shuttle ($7/pp) to get to the port.  This hotel was within walking distance to restaurants, a dollar general, the beach. 

23 hours ago, bdziewit said:

Does anyone have a recommendation on hotels that would have shuttles to the Port?  Trying to decide whether to stay in Orlando for the night and take a shuttle in the morning or go straight to Port Canaveral and leave from there.  

The four closest to the port are Homewood Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

All offer a shuttle to the port....the first three also have free breakfast.  The Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site, a family restaurant next door and a McDonalds across the street.

Personally I prefer the first three over the Radisson as it has become a bit dated.

Edited by GTO-Girl

I can recommend Residence Inn at the port. Not a bad hotel and there is a shuttle to the port in the morning.

We also stayed several times at the Hyatt right inside the Orlando airport. In the morning we took a private shuttle to the port.

Just check the hotel rates and it will be clear.

Those hotels are all within a few blocks of each other (take a look at Google Maps).  There is a nice food option available to all of them, Southern Charm.  A nice, locally-owned, non-chain restaurant, easily walkable from all.  Plus, you could do a little walk back to the Manatee Sanctuary Park or the Banana River Park from any of them.  

• 2 weeks later...

We just stayed at Bestwestern in Cocoa Florida.(not cocoa beach) it was $88 a night w/taxes.

Free breakfast. The hotel looks dated from the outside, but completely renovated inside.

Before we went (2/8/18) I have read that the pool was not open, it was when we were there.

It was maybe 15min/20 tops from the port. I have also read staff not friendly, once again we

did not experience this. Near everything Dunkies, waffle house, sams club.  It was are first time 

going to port canaveral, not being familiar with the area, just felt we should stay one night. We only 

require a clean, safe area. And pleasant employees always a plus (warm cookies in the lobby all day)

Next cruise I will just drive day of, but if I did stay I would stay there.