OH NOOO forgot my luggage tags!!

dis2cruise

3 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

I just let the porters tag the luggage. Let them earn their expected tip!!

I do the same.  At the Pan-American Pier in San Juan, what takes time is standing in line waiting to check in your bags,  (if you arrive when there are long lines). 

The tagging of the bags is the fastest part of the entire check-in procedure,  so there is no need to waste our time bothering with getting luggage tags in advance at all.

If you arrive with your bags already pre-tagged, the porter picks up your bags and places them on a cart.

If you arrive with bags that  are not yet tagged,  the porter attaches tags to them,  picks them up and places them on the same cart with the pre-tagged bags.

Sometimes we pick up tags right there while waiting in line, fill out and attach the tags ourselves, which helps to pass the time as we have nothing better to do while we are waiting in line anyway.

When we are lucky enough to be in a suite, we use the separate suite area for checking in  bags.  They take your bags, immediately tag them,  and you go directly in to security with no waiting in line to check bags at all.

But sometimes it happens that way for non-suite passengers too, if you arrive at the right time.