How long to disembark in Miami

amber1002

I have been reading this thread with great interest. We will be disembarking the Sirena on the 13th. Our flight is a little before 2 pm. I thought that was a safe time until I read this thread. I checked the port schedule and there are 6 ships that day. I just roughly added up the passengers and got between 19,000 and 20,000! Granted some will have driven, some will be staying in Florida a few extra days, but not that many. We do have Global Entry with TSA. Will that help? I know Miami can be a zoo. I am trying to decide whether we should get off super early after the ship is cleared or wait a little. Also is Uber or Lyft the way to go to the airport? I tried my car service I used before but they do not go to MIA. We are flying Delta if that makes a difference. Will we be okay? Any special tactics to do?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Pearl64 said:

I have been reading this thread with great interest. We will be disembarking the Sirena on the 13th. Our flight is a little before 2 pm. I thought that was a safe time until I read this thread. I checked the port schedule and there are 6 ships that day. I just roughly added up the passengers and got between 19,000 and 20,000! Granted some will have driven, some will be staying in Florida a few extra days, but not that many. We do have Global Entry with TSA. Will that help? I know Miami can be a zoo. I am trying to decide whether we should get off super early after the ship is cleared or wait a little. Also is Uber or Lyft the way to go to the airport? I tried my car service I used before but they do not go to MIA. We are flying Delta if that makes a difference. Will we be okay? Any special tactics to do?

Thanks.

On the 13th there are 18081 according to a website i viewed...on the 12th when we dock  26700 ....I’m thinking cabs will be sparse and it may be a long day.

We recently disembarked the Riviera. We had an 11am flight from Miami. Our color (grey) was called promptly at 8am, and by 9am we were at our gate in Miami Airport. However, this was a Wednesday, and we were the only ship in port. We went to the lobby when our color was called, only to find there was quite a long line of people in the main lobby waiting to disembark the ship. However, the line moved fairly quickly. There was a long line of taxis available.

Edited by Seapoint
added information

On 12/30/2018 at 7:00 PM, Pearl64 said:

Thanks.

No global entry at the port.   That being said in Oct. there were no problems clearing customs and immigration.  Went thru very fast.  

• 2 weeks later...

Disembarkation was easy easy. We were among the first group to disembark the Sirena around 8:15. Going through customs was very quick. There were cabs ready but we called Lyft which was very efficient. Security at MIA was reasonably quick since we had TSA preapproval. We were at our gate by 9:15. There were five other ships disembarking as well. Even with reports of blue flu, we had no issues. Just wanted to report our experience.

• Like 1

I appreciate hearing about people's current MIA airport experiences with the partial shutdown going on. DH and I will be on Riviera's 1/26 sailing, returning to Miami on a Wed and it looks like we will be the only ship in port on our return from sea. We do have TSA-pre-check and a 10:55 am flight on AA. I understand we may be cutting it, but we have first class tickets and the ability to reschedule with no change fees on the day of travel if we encounter delays...well, provided there is another flight with open seats, but there are a myriad of other flights to my final destination that day. Worst case scenario is we spend a night in Miami and how bad can that be?! :)