Signature for AARP gift cards over $500

Bookworm1985

This is for those of you that have ever ordered AARP gift cards over $500 when they require a signature for delivery. They have my name on them, but when they will be delivered, only my husband will be home. Will he be able to sign for them instead? I have a wonky work schedule.

12 minutes ago, Bookworm1985 said:

This is for those of you that have ever ordered AARP gift cards over $500 when they require a signature for delivery. They have my name on them, but when they will be delivered, only my husband will be home. Will he be able to sign for them instead? I have a wonky work schedule.

I would think so, especially since they are being delivered to the house.  My teenager has signed for it before.  I recommend getting the UPS app on your phone, and you can add on a note that your husband can sign. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tw67 said:

I would think so, especially since they are being delivered to the house.  My teenager has signed for it before.  I recommend getting the UPS app on your phone, and you can add on a note that your husband can sign. 

I already have it, and checked, but I did not see anyplace to add notes to that affect. They only had options of selecting where to put them or security codes.

Just now, moondog73 said:

I have the UPS app and it lets me defer signing for them at all.  I have ordered several $500 cards this way and never signed for them.

Yes, I have done that before too. 

6 minutes ago, Bookworm1985 said:

I already have it, and checked, but I did not see anyplace to add notes to that affect. They only had options of selecting where to put them or security codes.

Sorry, I thought it gave a place for special instructions.  If you know your husband will be home, I am sure they would let him sign since it is at your address, but you could always just defer signing them, and they will leave them at the door. 

5 minutes ago, moondog73 said:

I have the UPS app and it lets me defer signing for them at all.  I have ordered several $500 cards this way and never signed for them.

I was debating on that, but I have $1300 in cards coming and thieves that like to take things from neighbors :classic_ohmy:

42 minutes ago, moondog73 said:

Yes, you can definitely do that. But I prefer not to because if it goes missing, you have no recourse to get a replacement card. Instead, if I know that no one is going to be home, I opt to have it delivered to my local UPS store. Then I just swing by and pick it up on my way home from work. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

2 hours ago, moondog73 said:

I'm going to try this.  We have construction going on therefore, no doorbell.  

1 minute ago, LuckyStar said:

Ooh, this is a better idea.  Do you do that when you have a tracking number or before?

J

I did it in the UPS app. Sometimes it doesn't pop in there and I have to get the tracking number out of the email and type it in manually.

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did it in the UPS app. Sometimes it doesn't pop in there and I have to get the tracking number out of the email and type it in manually.

Thanks, Greg, I installed the app but I haven't gotten the tracking information yet, so this sounds like a good plan.  There is a UPS store right around the corner. 

19 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

Thanks, Greg, I installed the app but I haven't gotten the tracking information yet, so this sounds like a good plan.  There is a UPS store right around the corner. 

I've done it as late as...while it was out for delivery and they still diverted it...just didn't deliver until the next day.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I redirect mine to a ups store that’s on my way home from work. Pretty convenient.

Saint Greg you told me about this on another thread and I just had $1,300 in cards sent to me, and did change the delivery in my app to the UPS Store in my town.  It really saved me!  By the time I was done work that day, the cards were delivered to the store and I picked them up on my way home.  No worries that they would get there before my son was home from school, etc...  Thank you for this!!