Calling NCL outside of the US

zitsky

I just got off the phone with the reservations department.  They told me the only contact phone number is the 800 number on my eDoc.  That can't be right.  I've never heard of a toll free number that works outside of the US.  Are they right?

The only thing I need a phone number for is just the few days when I'll be at a hotel before the cruise.  In case there are any changes to schedule.  Of course I can contact my travel agent, but it seems strange that NCL doesn't publish a local number.

Edited by zitsky

Oh I don't want 5,000 people calling them.  I just want to know how to get updates.  Website is perfectly reasonable if they do that.

I realize it's not likely they would change the schedule but if so, I would like to know how changes are published.

I always book my Shorex through the Shorex Office in Miami by phone.  I am in New Zealand and am unwilling to pay for an International Toll Call.  A while ago I found a way; I use SKYPE.

From Mr Google

Yes, as is confirmed in this FAQ help article, USA toll-free numbers can be called from Skype.

However, there may be other factors to consider: first, do you have Caller ID activated?  If not, the company that "owns" the toll-free number may be blocking all incoming calls lacking any caller ID data.

If you do have Caller ID enabled, it could be that the company that "owns" the toll-free number restricts where it will accept incoming calls from.  For example, not all state agencies accept calls to their toll-free numbers from around the country; the toll-free number is a convenience for state residents only so they do not incur toll charges when calling that particular agency.

Please also double-check to ensure the number is being dialed as follows:

USA: +1 800, +1 866, +1 877, or +1 888

If United States and +1 is showing at the top of the Call Phones pop-out box,  we need only to input the remaining ten digits.

And

Unfortunately, you won't be able to call Toll free numbers using Skype, except for the following countries:

France: +33 800, +33 805, +33 809
Poland: +48 800
UK: +44 500, +44 800, +44 808
USA: +1 800, +1 866, +1 877, +1 888
Taiwan: +886 80

All the best

Mike

In September, I was notified of a change in embarkation port (48 hours prior to cruise).  I was in Berlin and needed to speak with someone regarding this change, because the text was vague, in my opinion.   I was on the phone with NCL using the 800# for 45 minutes, and dreaded seeing my AT&T charges upon returning home.  Guess what, no charge.  So in my particular case it was truly a free call to the toll free 800 #.   Not sure if this helps, just sharing my experience.

8 hours ago, sassy928 said:

In September, I was notified of a change in embarkation port (48 hours prior to cruise).  I was in Berlin and needed to speak with someone regarding this change, because the text was vague, in my opinion.   I was on the phone with NCL using the 800# for 45 minutes, and dreaded seeing my AT&T charges upon returning home.  Guess what, no charge.  So in my particular case it was truly a free call to the toll free 800 #.   Not sure if this helps, just sharing my experience.

So using a US cell phone from overseas you called a 800# at no charge.  I didn't think that was possible.

I didn't think it would be possible, but it was.  I was waiting for the cell phone bill, so I could send it to NCL for reimbursement, but did not have to.  My phone number is in NCL system, maybe thats the reason,, just don't know.