Speciality Restaurants

grumpwun

Just now, pacruise804 said:

I don't judge if someone orders an extra entree - maybe they were doing an excursion earlier that burned a lot of calories or are weight training and need the extra food. 

I wasn't really judging, just reporting that people do order multiple items every day.  And they did order multiple items every day, not just here and there.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:18 PM, Shmoo here said:

I don't know.  On a recent cruise we shared a table with a couple that regularly (in the main dining room) ordered at least 2-3 appetizers (each) and 2 entrees most nights.  Not to mention the 1 or 2 desserts.  And, yes, they ate it all.

I have a brother-in-law who eats tremendous amounts and is thin as a rail.  He recently retired.  His intake has slowed a little as he has grown older, but he still eats a lot of food and he is still thin.  He is my hero. Haha

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, grumpwun said:

I guess I should clarify which cruise line.

The question was in reference to Celebrity Cruise line.  

Haved sailed on enough cruises to be elevated to an upper level, and have dined many a time in the speciality restaurants BUT have never ordered more than one Appetizer, entree, or dessert when dining there, thus my inquiry.  Not a huge eater but have on occasion ordered multiple items in the main dining room.

My thanks to all who have responded thus far and to those who choose to respond with the noted cruise line referenced.

Gary

Gary - We just sailed over NYE.  We ordered additional items at Tuscan Grille and we've shared them as a table without a problem.  We've done the same in the MDR or asked for a smaller portion.  This allows us to try new foods we wouldn't have ordered otherwise.  

I guess it depends on the ship/line.  Awhile back we dined in the "Olympic" restaurant on X's " Millennium".  I wanted two appetizers, and was told "sorry, one or the other, only".  Seemed strange as you're paying an up-charge to dine in this restaurant while there in no up-charge in the MDR and you can eat your way up one side of the menu and down the other.

• Like 1